Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating a Fixed Term Agreement

Options
  • 03-07-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

oroginally posted by MummyAsh
    I am a Landlord and have a tenant living in my grannyflat. He is there less than six months and is on a Fixed Term Tenancy Agreement for 12 months. However I have to terminate the Tenancy as grannyflat is a converted garage and council issued planning warning letter to cease human habitation. I have served the tenant with 28 notice but he is refusing as the Tenancy Agreement is Fixed

Is the tenant right?

I have looked up the PTRB website, but its confusing about Section 34?

Any help would be much appreciated

you made tea go out my nose onto my laptop but it seems ok
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MummyAsh

why so funny ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

MummyAsh wrote: »
    why so funny ?

You rented a garage to someone with no planning for habitation
    Then you aug ed a fixed term lease with them and now you are wondering what's going on

It's very funny
    Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Offer him a month rent free, €300 to cover loss of earnings while looking for a new place and €100 to cover moving costs and offer to buy any furniture that he bought specifically for this place.

Advertisement