Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GROUP BUY: Corstat Transit Boxes (Final Order Date: August 3rd)

• 03-07-2012 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

WHO'S BUYING?
    keithgeo (5 boxes)
    o1s1n (5-10 boxes) tentative
    Pyongyang (5-10 boxes)

Hello.

If you're reading this, that means you either a) want to buy some Corstat transit boxes or b) are a nosey bastard. :)

THE PRODUCT:

esd-symbol.414.414.c.jpgesd-transitpacks-gwp.425.425.c.jpg

PURCHASE PROPOSAL:

Folks here have expressed an interest in sourcing and purchasing ESD Corstat boxes for storing arcade PCBs. Corstat boxes are very expensive to buy individually and very expensive to ship. A group buy is proposed in order to order bulk numbers of boxes to gain a better discounted price and save on shipping costs.

If you want in on this group purchase, I'll be using the same formula used when I organized the Neominibox group buy from Italy. Group purchase will be as follows:
    1. Reply to this thread only if you definitely want to make a purchase (and live in the Republic of Ireland, sorry UK/NI/Other).
    2. Once a sufficient number of folks confirm their interest (I'll shut the list off at 10 people) the order total will be calculated.
    3. I'll send you my PayPal info along with how much your total order is plus your share of the postage costs and PayPal fee(s).
    4. Once all PayPal monies are received I'll place the order.
    5. Upon receipt of the order I will then ship your order to you or you can arrange to meet me and collect them yourself.

HOW MUCH?

Best price per box I can get so far is £8.51 ex VAT (based on an order of 30 boxes). With shipping and VAT it works out as below:

REF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
    135-3500-10-B Transit pack 394x318x64mm 30
    £8.51 £255.30
    Subtotal £255.30
    Shipping (Standard Shipping) £10.00
    VAT £53.06
    Total £318.36

From Kaisertech Ltd.

NOTES:

A few things to note, if folk are placing the same quantity requests for their order, then postage will be divided equally amongst all participants.

If, say, you want 20 boxes and everyone else wants 5, for example, the postage cost to you would be slightly larger. Either way, fairs fair and it will all be divided up equally, or some may pay more than others, depending on the size of your order.

If you can't collect your boxes, I can ship them onward to you for whatever the actual cost is with An Post registered delivery. Sorry but I will not send your order by unregistered shipping, this way it saves problems occurring later and lets me sleep at night knowing you've received your stuff.

As per the previous group buy, I'll package your orders up safely myself and get them weighed at the post office to get you a shipping cost. PayPal me the cost and I'll ship your order upon payment along with your tracking code and a scan of the receipt so you can see I'm not ripping you off or pulling a fast one! :)

STILL INTERESTED?

Confirm your interest by replying below stating:
    • How many boxes you want (minimum order of 5pcs of the same size box per person).
    • What size boxes you want.

PLEASE ensure you are ready to make payment before Friday August 3rd. I will place the order the Friday evening or at the weekend. I'm on my holidays from the end of this week until the end of the month so won't see much of this thread from the weekend onwards.

If you can't make payment or want to back out, please let me know before August 3rd so I don't have to go running around after folk who don't want to buy anything.

NOTE 2: I'll edit this thread later with prices and where we will be buying from. As you know, Corstat boxes are expensive so don't expect any crazy deals! Oh and if anyone wants references if I'm sound or whatnot, I'm sure someone will vouch for me on here.... no? :D

NOTE 3 (To Moderators): Would it be possible to sticky this thread for the duration of the purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dependent on the cost, I'll take between 5 and 10. I can't quite remember how many boards I have, but I think that should cover it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Cool, well the best price I've found is €8.08 per piece exc VAT based on an order of 30 boxes. This is from the same store Casey120 purchased his boxes. Unfortunately they do not deliver outside of Holland and Belgium, so there goes that one.

The next best price I have found, again based on an order of 30 boxes, although this time including VAT and shipping is at Postpack:

Description Qty Price Cost
    Antistatic Transit Box - With ESD Foam Inners
    Details - Size / Ref: 394mm x 318mm x 64mm, with foam (Ref: 3500-10B)
    30 £13.18 £395.40
    Subtotal £395.40
    Quantity Discount -£39.54
    Shipping (Economy 4-5 working days) £36.00
    Total £391.86

An order of 30 boxes commands shipping of £36 so with a min order of 5 boxes each between 6 people, you're looking at shipping of £6 each plus whatever your follow on shipping is within Ireland (unless you collect from me in person).

After that, the next best is Farnell, which ships from within Ireland but is a LOT more expensive and the price doesn't include shipping:

Line No. Order Code Qty Mftr. & Part No. Description RoHS Avail. List Price Line Price Delete

596280 CORSTAT CONTAINERS
    3500-10 TRANSIT BOX 45
    €15.91
    €477.30

Goods Subtotal: €477.30
    Basic Shipping: Unknown
    VAT €109.78
    Total: €587.08

http://ie.farnell.com/corstat-containers/3500-10/transit-box/dp/596280

LATE ADDITION:

These guys Static Safe UK have them listed at £8.55 each but I don't know if this is ex VAT and what shipping would be. I'll follow up, if not Postpack will be our supplier.

EDIT: Static-Safe UK are UK only, so that one is out, sorry.

Just got probably the best deal here. Again using the base of 30 boxes shipped, inc VAT:

REF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
    135-3500-10-B Transit pack 394x318x64mm 30
    £8.51 £255.30
    Subtotal £255.30
    Shipping (Standard Shipping) £10.00
    VAT £53.06
    Total £318.36

That's pretty much the best price going, even cheaper than the Dutch place I think?

So, Kaisertech Ltd will be the supplier. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

well im interested anyways, ill probably take 5 of them. cheers.

Coolio. I'll stick yourself and myself down as definites and Pantrylad as a tentative.

Any more takers? I'll probably shut the list off at 10 (assuming we get that many before the order date). See how it goes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Going to stick this until the order is filled, so that those who want to take part can.
    Will unstick after it's done.

Thanks Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale. :)

I done some more research last night on trying to get the best prices for these boxes but Kaisertech are tough to beat. I doubt it will be beaten, especially with postage as a factor.

One thing I didn't mention but will update now, obviously if you're ordering 20 boxes or so, you'd probably be better off flying solo at those rates. It'd be a logistical nightmare, not to mention a huge postage expense to ship on 20 boxes to you.

Probably best to limit this purchase to 5/10 boxes each, that's where the real cost savings kick in to be honest. :)

Seems I can't edit the original thread now, which is a shame. If anyone else wants to join in, I'll update the thread as it goes along. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Sorry for being nosey, but that seems a huge price to pay for ESD safe boxes!

This Irish supplier seems to be much cheaper but unfortunately they don't seem to quite have the width you're looking for.

http://www.safetydirect.ie/3758/ESDShielding-Cardboard-Boxes/product.aspx

Maybe you could try e-mailing them to see if they have one with a width of 318mm,

or even googling the manufacturer.

Edit: The manufcaturer seems to have them only in the same sizes as that seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Okay after googling I take back what I said, it seems to be a good deal for the corstat brand.

You have to order 10 together on RS and it comes to E12.72 each!

Its a shame pelstat do not produce them in the size you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement