Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biography HD gone

Options
  • 03-07-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Biography HD channel 223 is 'No longer available' is this being replaced by a new HD channel? UPC are already miles behind SKY with there HD offering without losing a channel....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

celticbest wrote: »
    Biography HD channel 223 is 'No longer available' is this being replaced by a new HD channel? UPC are already miles behind SKY with there HD offering without losing a channel....

You have lost nothing let me explain.

Crime and Investigation and Bio HD were the one channel that shared time even though they were on two different channel numbers.

Bio HD stopped at 8PM and Crime and Investigation took over from 8PM until 6AM.

At any one time only one of these channel slots was active as it was really one channel with two channel numbers.

What has now happened is Crime and Investigation and now gone 24 hours.

It was the same situation on SKY.

The two kids BBC channels timeshare with BBC 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Ranicand wrote: »
    You have lost nothing let me explain.

Crime and Investigation and Bio HD were the one channel that shared time even though they were on two different channel numbers.

Bio HD stopped at 8PM and Crime and Investigation took over from 8PM until 6AM.

At any one time only one of these channel slots was active as it was really one channel with two channel numbers.

What has now happened is Crime and Investigation and now gone 24 hours.

It was the same situation on SKY.

The two kids BBC channels timeshare with BBC 3 and 4.

Thanks I didn't realise it had stopped broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ocallagr

I rang UPC a couple of days ago when I noticed it was gone and they told me that they could not negotiate a licensing agreement for Bio HD and that was why it had been removed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

ocallagr wrote: »
    I rang UPC a couple of days ago when I noticed it was gone and they told me that they could not negotiate a licensing agreement for Bio HD and that was why it had been removed.

Its closed. Its not available in HD on any platform anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

ocallagr wrote: »

That really is a fantastic fob off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement