Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Sponsorship

• 03-07-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey all,

I know there is a huge wealth of knowledge and know-how here on after hours. Can anyone advise me how to go about getting a sponsor for a small tag rugby team in dublin?

I dont see many teams with sponsors. We are getting a new kit and it sounds like a good idea to look for a little help with it.

If we dont get a sponsor, we're gonna donate the space on our jerseys to charity and get a charity logo put on front (with permission of course).

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

I think the first step would be to form an actual rugby team, and not the pretend one that it currently is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

get boards.ie to sponsor ye... then ye could have boards.ie on your jerseys :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The business sponsoring it needs to get something out of the deal and advertising on a tag rugby shirt isn't worth much to anyone.
    Unless you get a pub to sponsor you, but you'll all have to head there for a few drinks after matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mylastparadigm

get boards.ie to sponsor ye... then ye could have boards.ie on your jerseys :P

great advice! trick is to figure out how to 'get' the people with the money to give it to me to buy some jerseys! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A few small sports teams in my locality use a raffle system to determine the shirt sponsor. They ask for a donation of 10euro (or more if they wish to give) from each local business. All the names are put into a hat and whichever name is pulled out becomes the shirt sponsor for the year.

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    The business sponsoring it needs to get something out of the deal and advertising on a tag rugby shirt isn't worth much to anyone.
    Unless you get a pub to sponsor you, but you'll all have to head there for a few drinks after matches.

yeah, im not sure my gang is the pub after the game kinda gang. its tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

yeah, im not sure my gang is the pub after the game kinda gang. its tricky.
    More the gang bang gang type?

Or chain gang gang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I think they key question here is, are ye good looking? Any fit women players? SponsorsAH love good looking teams women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Why do you need sponsorship? You don't need proper kit for tag rugby, just the tag shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Aghhh tag rugby!!

Tag Rugby : Helping slightly overweight, average looking single 30something women get laid since 2003!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Aghhh tag rugby!!

Tag Rugby : Helping slightly overweight, average looking single 30something women get laid since 2003!!!

Oi, I play tag rugby :p

Aghhh tag rugby!!

cant say i agree. its a common misconception.

its counterintuitive in a way. its like the gym. you think there would be a load of overweight people there trying to lose weight. but the people you see in the gym are the people that go all the time and they, thus, are not overweight.

tag is the same. slightly overweight, average looking single 30something women are not much good to a team when the sport is an anerobic non-contact activity.

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Why do you need sponsorship? You don't need proper kit for tag rugby, just the tag shorts.

need? who needs anything? it would be great to get sponsorship though. we are tring to make up for our lack of skill with a swanky looking jersey.

Pottler wrote: »
    I think they key question here is, are ye good looking? Any fit women players? SponsorsAH love good looking teams women.

thanks for not at all addressing the question in the OP. i suppose men dont have enough blood in their bodies to think with brain and penis at the same time.

Advertisement