Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI or single card

Options
  • 03-07-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Would there be much of a performance difference between.....2 GeForce GTX 550 TI in SLI config or a single GeForce GTX 670. There is about €230 price difference between the two options.........is it justified? TIAJohn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Would there be much of a performance difference between.....2 GeForce GTX 550 TI in SLI config or a single GeForce GTX 670. There is about €230 price difference between the two options.........is it justified? TIAJohn

550TI? It's a really crappy card, get the GTX 670 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The difference is huge, 550ti is overpriced and poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Hi folks,

Yes there'd be a huge performance difference in the 670's favour.
    The price difference is definitely justified, and it wouldn't be worth SLIing 550 ti's, there are much better options at that price range (and also the option of the terrific 670...)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Thanks for the replies folks, Im just looking for a reasonably priced graphics card option to €300. AT €460 the GTX 670 is pricy. What would you suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Thanks for the replies folks, Im just looking for a reasonably priced graphics card option to €300. AT €460 the GTX 670 is pricy. What would you suggest
    Where are you getting €460 from? You should be able to get it at a tiny bit more than €360

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I would never have looked to buy hardware on Amazon......I bought something back in 02/05 and found them very expensive so never went back. Obviously they have become much more competitive......I see an i7 3770K for €318...its €343 on dabs.ie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah they had ssd's pretty damn cheap a week or two back. now that you remind me I think dabs.ie works out a little bit cheaper for that particular card, but i had trouble ordering from them .. probably why I never thought to reccomend it

in general I've found amazon.co.uk/.de pretty reasonable for a lot of computery stuff lately, .de usually works out a bit cheaper though and the delivery charge isn't bad at all.
    no idea how long it takes though, my card was shipped friday and hasnt arrived yet.. hoping tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

GTX 670, as Eboggles said, is only around €360. Here.

Yeah I got one of the SSDs on Sunday......it has not arrived yet, Kingston 128gb for €83 including shipping. Not so sure how good the performance will be....prolly mediocre. The GTX670 is very tempting......here comes overdraft time again. :-{. Thanks for the info guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement