Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having chest and/or body hair attractive or not?

• 03-07-2012 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

I've been talking to some guys and girls about this and what I found out was a bit surprising.

Out of the girls I've talked to about the subject they said they preferred guys to be smooth everywherebut if not they wanted them to very very trimmed (near hairless)

My straight friends felt the same although they said they would probably only shave their pubes because "cutting the hedges makes the tree look taller":rolleyes: I like my pubes, I'm a man not a boy!

Am I the only one who thinks a bit of body hair is attractive and masculine as long as it's kept in check? I'm not particularly hairy at all (my chest hair and beard are coming in fast though, and I do have an unreal happy trail!;)) but as I said everything is trimmed neat and I've gotten nothing but compliments for it:D

Am I the only one not buying into the hairless trend on guys these days?

Body hair preference? 111 votes

Completely smooth/hairless
    0% 0 votes
    Trimmed only
    16% 18 votes
    Left alone and natural
    26% 29 votes
    Don't care
    57% 64 votes

Comments

Nothing wrong with a bit of hair on a man at all at all. I'm neither for it or against it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It'll be a cold day in hell before I wax my legs or chest

It'd be a cold day for you wherever you are if you wax your legs and chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Exactly. Even if I wanted to, I'm waay too lazy to actually follow through with it. I don't know how women do it tbh. It's just too much work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Somewhere in the middle is obviously ideal.

Guys who wax/shave their chests/arms/backs/legs etc and AREN'T professional swimmers are creepy.
    Guys who have chest hair spilling out of their shirts or similar look ropey as well.

Keep it trimmed and you're good to go I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Love a hairy chest, actually prefer hair to a smooth chest.
    As for everything else once its kept neat Im happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

MrReynholm wrote: »
    Somewhere in the middle is obviously ideal.

Guys who wax/shave their chests/arms/backs/legs etc and AREN'T professional swimmers are creepy.
    Guys who have chest hair spilling out of their shirts or similar look ropey as well.

Keep it trimmed and you're good to go I'd imagine.

These days it is actually rare to see many athletes with body hair, not just swimmers.

I should probably add that gay/bi guys are way more easy going with this subject and don't like a smooth crotch -which seems to be the growing trend with straight guys. I agree it's unattractive and odd looking to be a grown man and without any pubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A man without chest hair is like my freezer without ice cream; its just wrong.

Love chest hair, detest back hair - away to the beautician with you. As for the pubes, keep the hedge trimmed, nobody likes a forestry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chest hair and hairy legs are a turn on in a guy for me - I don't know why so many guys are shaving everything off these days - not natural at all.

Keep it trimmed but keep it hairy is what I say!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

detest back hair - away to the beautician with you. As for the pubes, keep the hedge trimmed, nobody likes a forestry.

Apt username :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

God gave me hair on my chest......but took some on my head.....it's a cruel world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

[QUOTE=1ZRed;79541114! Am I the only one who thinks a bit of body hair is attractive and masculine as long as it's kept in check?

Am I the only one not buying into the hairless trend on guys these days?[/QUOTE]

No, you're not the only one.

I love hairy legs, forearms and chest on a man. Hairy back, ears and nose, not so much.

Not mad about hairy underarms either but I wouldn't expect, or want, a man to shave under his arms. I don't like underarms in general, and don't even like the look of women wearing sleeveless tops, nothing to do with whether they've shaven or not, I just don't like that part of the human body.

kfallon wrote: »
    God gave me hair on my chest......but took some on my head.....it's a cruel world :(

That's no surprise! DHT -the hormone that promotes body hair is the same hormone that causes hair loss.
    That's why you notice more often then not guys with very hairy bodies are bald.

Now for you;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

1ZRed wrote: »
    That's no surprise! DHT -the hormone that promotes body hair is the same hormone that causes hair loss.
    That's why you notice more often then not guys with very hairy bodies are bald.

Now for you;)

Don't worry I got the Bobby Charlton combover look going on :pac:

Pain having to shave me head every day tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I love a hairy man!

Bears ftw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

efb wrote: »
    I love a hairy man!

I'll be your dog. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Never mind hairy, I'll go for furry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I don't know why so many guys are shaving everything off these days - not natural at all.

I'm guessing they do it because it's the way they prefer it, and you should try as often as possible to look the way you want, not what other people want. Natural does not always mean better; wearing make-up, dying your hair, shaving your face etc. aren't strictly "natural" but people still do all these things because it can make them look better and feel more comfortable.

Personally I find body hair a bit of a turn-off; leg hair and pubic hair are fine but excessive chest hair definitely wouldn't be a turn-on for me. I don't expect perfect smoothness or anything but would prefer it trimmed, at least. And back hair that's any way noticeable is definitely a turn-off. With that said, it wouldn't be enough to put me off someone I really really liked.

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'll be your dog. :D

Pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Where's the option of 'hairy to a reasonable extent'? I think that body hair can be manly, but at the same time I've met some dudes who have it sprouting out over their collar, which is rather disgusting. Same goes for back/ ear/ excessive nose hair. Also, extremely hairy balls are simply gross. At the same time, a guy who shaves it all off would creep me out- and don't get me started on guys who wax *shudder*

I'm guessing they do it because it's the way they prefer it, and you should try as often as possible to look the way you want, not what other people want. Natural does not always mean better; wearing make-up, dying your hair, shaving your face etc. aren't strictly "natural" but people still do all these things because it can make them look better and feel more comfortable.

Personally I find body hair a bit of a turn-off; leg hair and pubic hair are fine but excessive chest hair definitely wouldn't be a turn-on for me. I don't expect perfect smoothness or anything but would prefer it trimmed, at least. And back hair that's any way noticeable is definitely a turn-off. With that said, it wouldn't be enough to put me off someone I really really liked.

Well that's true and I've lucked out because my body hair is quite fair and so my chest hair (although coming in) is pretty much invisible atm.My beard is the opposite though! I think more than anything it's guys trying to make everything look more defined and bigger but that's kind of unattractive to me.

I just couldn't look down and have no hair there!:eek: It would look so strange and unappealing on a guy imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

The more yeti like the better. I like to feel like I'm on an expedition when going in for a hug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I like hairy. I like rubbing my cheeks in it :D

And I LOVE a man with a good happy trail - sexiest thing ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Chest hair, arm hair, leg hair, underarm hair YES...pubic hair yes!

Anywhere else....no!

I like hairy. I like rubbing my cheeks in it :D

And I LOVE a man with a good happy trail - sexiest thing ever!!!

Oh yeah...nothing like a good treasure trail.....

Mmmmm.......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Meh I'm in between. To much upkeep.

Shaved my testicles completely bald before and it was horrible it felt like an uncooked chicken when stroked. The misses at the time thought the feeling was the funniest thing ever.

In summer (when shaved) it just gets sweaty and the sack sticks to my knees and it's not very comfortable. Would never consider shaving any other body hair though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Like a nice hairy chest on my man,everything else tidy ;)

Hairless = Ghey :p:D

Shaved my testicles completely bald before and it was horrible it felt like an uncooked chicken when stroked. The misses at the time thought the feeling was the funniest thing ever.

One thing I shave are my balls. I just hate them with a bit of hair there. The first time I did it I couldn't keep my hands off!:D I think its way better

tan11ie wrote: »

I seem to have a habit of fucking up stereotypes:rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

One thing I shave are my balls. I just hate them with a bit of hair there. The first time I did it I couldn't keep my hands off!:D I think its way better

The sweatness was just to uncomfortable. Spent half the day playing with them and the other half wiping the sweat off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

There's nothing like a woman with a nice pair of hairy tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I seem to have a habit of fucking up stereotypes:rolleyes: ;)

Don't worry too much about it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

In summer (when shaved) it just gets sweaty and the sack sticks to my knees and it's not very comfortable. Would never consider shaving any other body hair though.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I like a hairy man - chest, arms, legs, trimmed pubes. I don't understand the new trend to make men more feminine.

I have no problem with a bald guy/receding hairline, but girly One Direction style hairdo's are a turn off. Not too fond of men dyeing their hair either.

I like a hairy man - chest, arms, legs, trimmed pubes. I don't understand the new trend to make men more feminine.

I have no problem with a bald guy/receding hairline, but girly One Direction style hairdo's are a turn off. Not too fond of men dyeing their hair either.

Couldn't have said it better. I like going to the gym and having a good body with a bit of hair. I think it's kind of sexy and masculine.

I laugh at the shaved guys tbh. Thinking it makes them look big:rolleyes: Let them off I suppose:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Not a big fan of any body hair, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

When I was younger I preferred smoothness but now I love a real manly man,I've grown to appreciate them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I love my men with hair - chest, treasure trail, bit on the tummy is alright, and the usual - legs/arms/etc.

And a few days stubble is great too.

Very manly :cool:

I love my men with hair - chest, treasure trail, bit on the tummy is alright, and the usual - legs/arms/etc.

And a few days stubble is great too.

Very manly :cool:

I have the hairy legs and the treasure trail down. The chest hair is getting there and the stubble, already have it;)

Great day for me so far!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have the hairy legs and the treasure trail down. The chest hair is getting there and the stubble, already have it;)

So you're pretty much exactly what most women are looking for haha

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

what about the hairy bums? the will knots?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

i've got all four, proper defined trail, about 8-9 inches long. :rolleyes:

Manly hair is ok, I HATE men that wax and do more than I do....

Girly men make me sick.

Natural is the way to go, unless you resemble a bear!!!

VEN wrote: »
    i've got all four, proper defined trail, about 8-9 inches long. :rolleyes:

Never knew we could take trail measurements into account. I'm at 8 inches already..sorted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Natural is the way to go, unless you resemble a bear!!!

Awww...
    I think looking at this thread I should just shamble off into the woods and die there with my own kind.

tan11ie wrote: »
    Like a nice hairy chest on my man,everything else tidy ;)

I should introduce you to the bears!

• Advertisement
Advertisement