Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC CANCELLATION.

• 03-07-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi just wondering if anyone knows how to go about cancelling part of a UPC package. I've tried their website & calling them & can't get answer on either. ??? And also do u get charged for cancelling ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

JJX wrote: »
    hi just wondering if anyone knows how to go about cancelling part of a UPC package. I've tried their website & calling them & can't get answer on either. ??? And also do u get charged for cancelling ????

You'll probably need to call them. Few companies making leaving easy! ;)

You presumably will have to pay a downgrade charge, maybe 10 euros or something like that. There may well be an additional early termination charge if you're a new customer who's downgrading within a year or so. And if - say - you have their broadband, but now want to cancel their phone & TV, you might have to pay an additional 'standalone' monthly charge. I can't say for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

JJX wrote: »

You picked a good time. If you got the letter recently about them increasing prices. You can downgrade or cancel for free.

Quote from letter I received.

"However you have the right to cancel or downgrade your service within 30 days of receipt of this notice without penalty if you do not agree with these changes"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJX

Never got a letter from them at all about price increases, hmmm must look into that ! Can't afford what I have at the minute so defo won't be paying another cent to them PLUS I get a crappy service from them at the min. My UPC box keeps freezing and they refuse to replace it ! Joke !

Advertisement