Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - UPS returns

Options
  • 03-07-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am kind of worried now.

Basicly, Pixmania sent me a faulty good. I called up Customer service and they told me to print off the return docket and print off my invoice and contact UPS for a pick up.

I contacted UPS and they are going to collect the parcel tomorrow. I think pixmania might have given me the wrong label?

This is what a standard UPS returns label looks like

This is the returns label I got

(none of the codes seem to correspond to UPS, and contain personal information. So I blanked them out)

Will I incur any call out charges if pixmania made a mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

i'd safely say they didnt make a mistake, i'm sure they send out loads of return labels every day.

i'd say the dude from UPS will slap a UPS lable on the box and just take it away.

dont worry whatever happens you wont be out of pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Just to update this thread - Yes, they did make a mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

N64 wrote: »

that is one thing Pixmania are really good at ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

i jinxed them :D, are you out of Pocket?

No. Thankfully the driver was really understanding. I told him that it was for pixmania and he went "oh" and he told me he heard a few horror stories about them :D

I posted this in the retailer review thread over in building and upgrading fourm.
    Pixmania are a absolute joke to deal with - and I have not even sent the faulty good away yet!

I called them up and aranged the RMA. They made a mistake on the "fault described" so I called them up again and told them what was incorrect. The operator sent me a new mail containing a new returns docket (with the same mistake they made previously) and shipping label and told me to arrange for a UPS to collect the parcel.

I called UPS up and arranged a collection. They called to my door and the courier refused to take the parcel as it contained the wrong shipping label. I told him it was for pixmania and he said he has heard a few horror stories about them redface.gif:D

I called pixmania back up and told them what the story was. The operator did not even apologize to me for the mistake they made and told me they were going to send me out a new returns label in a few hours. Its now been 6 hours since I made the call and there is no sign of it.

Lesson learned - Do not order from pixmania. No matter how cheap the good is compared to other sites - Its not worth the hassle if something goes wrong. I might file a chargeback soon if they don't get the ball rolling.

Could I file a chargeback against them? The person on the phone told me that they would send me a ups shipping label within the next 24 hours - but no sign of it :mad: I must have spent a small fortune calling them up. If I ordered from amazon, a new card would be in the mail for me now :-(

• Advertisement

Sorry to double post/bump my own thread but there is still no sign of the label they promised to send out to me on Thursday :o

Sorry to bump my thread again but after a long and heated debate on the phone (threatening to file a chareback and bring them to the small claims court), tell them how bad they treated me, etc (:o) and they were having none of it. I demanded to speak to a manager but no manager was in the call center at the time.

This morning I finally received the dam shipping label from them :rolleyes: I guess maybe those treats worked? :p How long generally do they take to process the RMA ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This morning I finally revived the dam shipping label from them :rolleyes: I guess maybe those treats worked? :p How long generally do they take to process the RMA ?

No one can answer that accurately for you, you've already experienced Pixmania's way of operating just to get a correct label, enjoy the fun times ahead!

Pixmania truly are the worst successful business I've come across. Everything is fine so long as you're dealing with automated purchasing systems and the item gets dispatched and nothing ever goes wrong with the item, however, if you have to deal with the humans working for Pixmania you've got to be like a rash on them, one that won't go away until a resolution has be sought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Everytime i see a pixmania thread I get really agitated about how they treated me 4 years ago. talk about not letting something go eh!?

Thanks for the reassurance guys :p During the process of this whole fiasco, I called up my bank and they said they could not under any circumstances issue me with a chargeback (only if it was a subscription service) was the guy on the phone just spouting bulls*** or was he right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

You can start a chargeback process at any stage , it will have to be fully investigated by the both banks though.

Just go to your bank in person and and give them instructions in writing to cancel the transaction.

Just bring all relevant paperwork/ copy of emails with you , it will help.

Well pixmania have supposedly received it according to the UPS tracking page however its not showing up on their system,even though it arrived early enough in the day. I suppose I will give them until Monday until I start sending out emails.

http://i.imgur.com/Wgjvt.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well pixmania have supposedly received it according to the UPS tracking page however its not showing up on their system,even though it arrived early enough in the day. I suppose I will give them until Monday until I start sending out emails.

http://i.imgur.com/Wgjvt.png

Took them 3 months to acknowledge that they had received it in their warehouse.......11 weeks earlier.:mad:

whiterebel wrote: »
    Took them 3 months to acknowledge that they had received it in their warehouse.......11 weeks earlier.:mad:

Woah, lets hope it won't take that long for me :o I would not have put up with that tbh

Just to let you guys know that the graphics card has been received by them (its showing up on their system ) however the status has been stuck at the following status:
    Your product has been registered. Our service will make an initial analysis. We will inform you of the results of this first analysis as quickly as possible

It has been 12 days now since I have gotten that email :( I even pleaded with the mediators asking them just to to send me out a new card and I got this as a response:
    Dear Mr N64,

Thank you for your email

I’m afraid that the repair time cannot be reduced.

The warehouse has 21 days to repair the Radeon HD 7850 and return it to our warehouse so it can sent back to you.

We should receive the return by the 15th of august.

If there is any delay we would be able to send you a new item.

At the moment the model you selected is out of stock.

Best regards,

The 21 days does not sound so bad but as I mentioned above, I had a ordeal with even to to pick the package up in the first place. Why does she mention that the card is out of stock if she is not going to send it to me in the first place? :confused:

This whole experience has left a really sour taste in my mouth. I am never going to shop at anything even vaguely connected to these shower of c**** (including PC world and currys) and I would advise people to do the same.

From now on its only going to be amazon, hardwareversand, dabs and komplett for any computer hardware purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Jesus N64 you're about in the upgrades forum enough to know what this bunch are like! :D

I suggest you e-mail them again telling them that this is unsatisfactory and beyond a reasonable time for repair. If you do not receive a refund within 5 working days you will forward the matter to the small claims court. Don't worry about them being French (thats actually an advantage as the French take this kind of thing much more seriously than we do) the SmCC has a department, for want of a better term, that deals with stuff bought in Europe.

Well I got an email from them which is pretty much the same copy paste response I have been getting from them all along.

Going to raise hell with them when I get through to them on the phone later today.
    In regards to the timeframe for the repair, the repair is done by an external authorised repair warehouse and may take up to 21 working days. This is a guideline only and in most cases the repairs are done before this time.
    This timeframe is a guideline given to us by the repair warehouse and in line with trading standards. If the repair is not made before this timeframe, we will immediately close this case and reship or credit you for the product.

Having reviewed your file I understand your frustration due to the delay with the pickup, and will contact our repairs department and will request that your repair is considered urgent and will do anything I can to resolve this as soon as possible.
    Best regards

Am I allowed to record calls as to be used in evidence if I have to bring this matter to court? They still refuse to take into account the delay they caused. Not going to let this one go.

Sounds like they will sort you out if the repair takes longer than 21 days... borderline reasonable imho I'm afraid.

May be point out that trading standards is the UK and that Ireland holds a seller to a much higher standard (might be true might not :P)

How long has it been total at this stage?

SmCC wouldn't be looking for phone calls etc it will just have a look at the objective facts of how long it's taken. You could recoed them but you'd need to seek permission of the person you are speaking too if I recall correctly.

Well I initially contacted them about the issue on the 29th of June. The mistake they made delayed it by over 1 week :( They ended up receiving it on the 13th of July.

6 weeks - if it was me (and it will be in a few hundred years :D) sitting their as the registrar I'd take into account the volatile nature of the market etc... I don't think you'll be lucky enough to have a SmCC registrar who will sympathise as much as I do LOL

Give them until the 15th and then I'd be taking it to the SmCC. Have you started the charge back process? if not I would get on to your bank now.

• Advertisement

Bank said that its not their problem whatsoever and said they could only issue chargebacks in the event of subscription services I will give pixmania the benefit of the doubt and wait until the deadline they gave.

Bank is telling porkies.

Just posted this on the retailer review thread and I am going to copy it over here)

o after many phone calls and emails I finally got this email from pixmania:
    Dear Mr N64,

I have just received a response from the repair warehouse that the AMD Radeon will not be able to be repaired.
    As we currently do not have any stock of this product I would like to offer you either a credit or a
    Substitute. I have contacted our purchasing team or the reshipment dates and also to give me a suitable replacement to propose to you.
    Should you have a suggestion of a replacement item for the same value or less I would be happy to request this also.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    How can the manufacturer not repair the card ? It was a simple issue with the fan bearing? I could have just gotten a replacement fan off the likes of ebay but why should I have to ?

So I initially contacted them on June 26th, they fecked up big time with organizing the shipping label, lied to me about it and then on July 15th, they accepted it into their warehouse and I got this email today.

even though I had a terrible experience with them, I am surprised that things did not go worse (from me reading all the nightmare stories about them across the web)

If I go with the "credit" option I hope for their sakes that it means refund to my credit card. Otherwise It will be straight to court with them

If they cant offer a repair or replacement they are obliged to refund you. Get your money back and stick it in your pocket until the 660Ti comes along.

hmm.. thats not a bad idea at all :) any idea when its meant to come out and the price?

Wish I knew but apparently sub $200.

Advertisement