Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle fire questions to fire owners

Options
  • 03-07-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

i am looking to buy one for my girlfriend is it worth buying to read books or is it cheaper to buy the kindle touch? or wait for the kindle fire 2...the extras on the fire look good..and is the kindle fire ok to read on holidays i the sun..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I've just sold one I got at the start of the year. Only sold it cos I was given a touch for my birthday. The touch is probably easier on rhe eyesight, but is strictly an ereader. The fire is brilliant, and offers a lot more- music, browser books movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

thegame wrote: »
    i am looking to buy one for my girlfriend is it worth buying to read books or is it cheaper to buy the kindle touch? or wait for the kindle fire 2...the extras on the fire look good..and is the kindle fire ok to read on holidays i the sun..

howya, i've had my kindle fire since christmas and i love it.

amazon still don't ship direct to ireland - pain in the hoop having to ship it to my uncles house in the states and have him post it on to me.

might be cheaper to get the kindle touch but it won;t have all the features the fire has - colour screen, ability to used as a tablet, play games on it. you can't use some of the features in ireland, prob not until it gets a european release.

it can be a bit awkard to read in the sun, a normal kindle is much better to use.

Advertisement