Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of bathroom suite

• 03-07-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi people.
    I am in the process of doing up my bathroom and i have the new bathroom suite ready to fit. My question is, does anyone know where/how i can dispose of my old bath /sink etc!?
    I do not know if the dump takes it or not?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Aside from a skip.....

I broke my toilet and basin up and put it in my black bin.
    Your bath my be a killer to break up though. Especially if its cast iron.
    Just get a collection of all your household rubbish and split a skip for 130 eurp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi people.
    I am in the process of doing up my bathroom and i have the new bathroom suite ready to fit. My question is, does anyone know where/how i can dispose of my old bath /sink etc!?
    I do not know if the dump takes it or not?
    Thanks

Dublin City Council Recycling Centres (North Strand and Ringsend) will take houshold waste,old furniture/fittings,and pieces of equipment and builders rubble too.

Also Oxigen Recycling Centre in Balymount.

16 euro for a large car full or jeep/van full of waste.

Best to dump more than just the bath and sink,so you get the best value for money.;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Many thanks for the info!
    Bath is not cast iorn but id guess its messy to break up!
    Think best idea is to pile up a lot of waste and get my monies worth in local waste recycling plant.
    Was unsure if it was expensive, assumed it would be due to its size.

Joey - great idea re breaking up sink, toilet, make it far easier to dispose of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

www.adverts.ie - put them up for free, you'll be surprised at what people could re-use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

Just did the same thing,simply put them in car,down to recycling depot(there's a big skip there for rubbish),and fired them in. Had to cut bath in half,jigsaw did it no probs. 3 full,and I mean FULL,car loads. On 1 visit I was asked for an €8 bin tag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement