Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Data from Wicklow

Options
  • 03-07-2012 8:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm currently going my thesis and for it I need rainfall and temperature data thats more or less representative of Wicklow. Just wondering if anyone knows of any specific weather stations in Wicklow that I might be able to look into?

I've got in contact with a man who runs one in Ashford in Wicklow, and he's been kind enough to let me use his data, but he advised me that his site mightn't give the best represenation of Wicklow because its close to the sea.

Any help or suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sorry OpenYourEyes - didn't read you post in full - :o - I see you already tried my suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Have you seen the map of weather stations over on the Irish Weather Network? I didn't check if there is anyone else, but drop them a line there too and they might know others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yes OYE has been in touch and I'm facilitating request :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi OYE
    What kind of time period are you looking for ?

MY uncle has a weather station in the wicklow mountains which he hasnt yet connected to IWN of what i know... i could ask him for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

WestWicklowRain.jpg

Send me a PM and I'll try to help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement