Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreamly slow speeds for few weeks now.

Options
  • 03-07-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Anyone else the same?

I'm getting very very slow speeds over the last few weeks/months and I mean drastic, I can't even load two pages in Firefox anymore.

Here's a speedtest I've just done, which was one of the faster ones.

2043657561.png

Worst part is, I'm actually not far from the exchange. Its not a technical fault with my Router, as I've tried multiple routers & multiple computers.

Any Eircom Rep able to shed some light on this, or does anyone have any help in getting it to speed up a small bit.

This kind of service is, in my opinion a disgrace. I've been having problems for years, and if this keeps up, I'll have no problem changing to UPC; Which I'm debating doing at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

What are your line stats?

Type 192.168.1.254 into your browser and you can find them there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

The Snipe wrote: »
    Anyone else the same?

I'm getting very very slow speeds over the last few weeks/months and I mean drastic, I can't even load two pages in Firefox anymore.

Here's a speedtest I've just done, which was one of the faster ones.

2043657561.png

Worst part is, I'm actually not far from the exchange. Its not a technical fault with my Router, as I've tried multiple routers & multiple computers.

Any Eircom Rep able to shed some light on this, or does anyone have any help in getting it to speed up a small bit.

This kind of service is, in my opinion a disgrace. I've been having problems for years, and if this keeps up, I'll have no problem changing to UPC; Which I'm debating doing at the moment.

Hi The Snipe,

Can you PM your phone number so I can check your broadband connection.

Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement