Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawn Shop Trouble

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    I could be wrong but AFAIK once its blocked its blocked and cant be unblocked so the phone is of no use.

Nope, I set up a password with them which in conjunction with a verification of my details will allow me to reverse it.
    Didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

some people have more money than sense:rolleyes:

That just makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

That just makes no sense.
    wouldn't be the only thing in this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stay on topic. If you have nothing constructive to add, then please don't post.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AmyGx

If your GF had asked him for 14 days to buy it back then the receipt should have been adjusted to say 14 days but the FACT is the receipt clearly states you have 28 days to reclaim your item so regardless of what he says and even if your GF did ask for 14 days or 14 years doesnt make any difference what-so-ever the receipt says 28 days and that is how long you have to reclaim it so that guy doesnt have a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Its not as simple as that. It says 14 days in one place and 28 in another. You're just picking the one you want to believe.

Also putting fact in capitals very rarely helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Its not as simple as that. It says 14 days in one place and 28 in another. You're just picking the one you want to believe.

From my competely uneducated and amateur POV, I would query why the date entered manually differed from what is specified in the T&Cs. At what point does a deviation such as this become binding? If there is no signature accepting, or requesting such a deviation, can it be said to be legally binding?

I know little of these things, but it strikes me that the 'contract' here is difficult to define... or at least where the contract commences, and what it encompasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Its the doctrine of mistake that has completely left my brain now that I've been examined on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

name the place so others can avoid it
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    name the place so others can avoid it
    cheers

col.in.Cr We do not allow naming and shaming here.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement