Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with nest and chicks .

• 03-07-2012 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi folks need some help .i was out cutting my hedge the other day and decovered a nest smack on the top of my hedge .
    I left the nest alone and a few mins later two finch type birds arrived.

The thing is I was out in the garden thismorning and out of the blue a kestrel took one of the parents.

it all happened in a flash. the problem is I haven't seen the mother/father since.

the chick were coming on great but now I don't know what to do :confused: . Any advice would be much appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Its highly unikely the remaining parent will be back id say. I dont know anything about rearing wild birds but ill pm you the name of an organisation who may be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP I have moved your new thread to Nature & Birdwatching, please don't spam forums by posting the same thing repeatedly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement