Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hexagon - Your best time?

• 03-07-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

So a mate at work showed me this game earlier, and I can't stop playing it.
    Currently I am on level 2 with a best time of 28.9, only need 30 to get to the next level :(

What times everybody else is getting?

First time player? The aim is to avoid hitting your triangle off walls coming at you. You can move it using the left and right arrow keys. Oh, and turn on the audio :)

Play Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...
    Game Over...Again...

banging_head_on_computer.gif

Level 3 at the moment, pure fluke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool little game... nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Currently on level 5 with 51:35....

happyjoy00005.jpg

I need to stop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good game but those double things you have to spin your way out of are really awkward, annoying when you get 3 in a row in one game and then barely have to move the cursor for 20 seconds in the next. A bit flukey like that but addictive all the same, 34.11 my best so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

31.xx my best so far, onto level 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Four hundred and something my laptop is currently down for the count and the pic is stored on the harddrive but I'm sure I posted it in another thread on this forum anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally beat the 60 second mark after about 200 attempts, made it to 82 in the end. Great little game for passing the time once you get the hang of the spiral things

40079062.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's now out on ios called Super Hexagon and would you believe it, it's even harder now as it changes shape!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/super-hexagon/id549027629?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Epilepsy attack !!
    Nearly as mental as Beat Hazard

Think it would be a bit easier if you could use the mouse though, can't control as well with the keys, tiny errors cost you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Eugh desperately want an android version.

That pic I was referring to earlier (purely for bragging purposes:p)

220210.jpg

I think the keyboard you play the game on makes a huge difference. On my old laptop I can easily get to 200s most times. On a PC keyboard with keys that aren't flat though I struggled like mad to reach 200. (Also turn off the in-game music.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I really wished I hadn't clicked on the link in the OP. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got 68s on Normal Hard.
    Gonna start for the higher levels now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Managed to beat Hard (and died two seconds later) and I was very proud of myself.

Struggling to get past 30 seconds on harder after a few goes. Those darn speed mazes!

Struggling to get past 30 seconds on harder after a few goes. Those darn speed mazes!

Left, Right, Left, Right, CHU CHU CHU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Managed to beat 60s on the first two levels of the ios version, but the third level is crushing me. I can do better on the unlocked levels than that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Passed the second level earlier myself.

The controls in the third seem much more sensitive, on top of the need for pinpoint accuracy. It's going to be a tough one...

I got 59.51s in Hexagoner (harder) mode :(

Advertisement