Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App & Change of Name

Options
  • 03-07-2012 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a couple of questions for you.

1. Can you get your savings accounts displayed in the app? They're viewable when I log in via 365online but not when I use the app. It just displays my current account and credit card. (I'm a big fan of the app btw, a pleasure to use)

2. I've recently changed my surname, and am in the midst of updating everything. Would updating my details be a straight forward affair (on all the accounts I have with you - one current, two savings), or would I be better off closing these accounts and opening new ones? The person I spoke to in a branch nearby suggested this might be easier, but that would entail the hassle (as I see it) of changing direct debits details, transferring money to new savings accounts etc. Perhaps there's no way out of doing this, but I thought I'd ask what you think my best option would be.
    One last thing on this point - would photo identification with my new surname be required, or would old photo ID plus official deed poll documentation suffice as proof of name change?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Priori,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Thanks for your feedback, delighted to hear you like the Mobile App.
    The accounts that are available to view through the app are current accounts, demand deposit accounts, term loan accounts and credit card accounts that are registered for 365online. Some deposit accounts available to view via 365online are not currently available on the app. If you have any issues viewing an account please contact banking365 on 0818 365 365 to make sure it is set up correctly for you.

The facility to view regular savings accounts is something we plan to make available, however, we don't have an exact date as yet. We will post here on the forum of any updates.

Changing the name on your accounts is a straight forward process. You can call into your local branch to arrange this. You will need to bring along photo id, in either name, and proof of your change of name, in this case your original deed poll certificate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Hi Priori,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Thanks for your feedback, delighted to hear you like the Mobile App.
    The accounts that are available to view through the app are current accounts, demand deposit accounts, term loan accounts and credit card accounts that are registered for 365online. Some deposit accounts available to view via 365online are not currently available on the app. If you have any issues viewing an account please contact banking365 on 0818 365 365 to make sure it is set up correctly for you.

The facility to view regular savings accounts is something we plan to make available, however, we don't have an exact date as yet. We will post here on the forum of any updates.

Changing the name on your accounts is a straight forward process. You can call into your local branch to arrange this. You will need to bring along photo id, in either name, and proof of your change of name, in this case your original deed poll certificate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks for that Tara.

Advertisement