Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a fresh start!

• 03-07-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

right so previous log was all about gaelforce west and my attempts to conquer it! won't be able to do it this year as like many have had to emigrate for work, so here i am in canada trying to find a reason to keep fit and keep up the training which i became addicted too! i am here now six weeks and finally managed to start training last monday, and as i found this a great motivating tool in the past i will try and log all my training as i go to keep me focused, must just find a race now over here to aim for!
    mon 24th 1hr spinning
    tues 25th 5mile run
    tues 26th 5mile run
    weds 27th 1hr spinning
    thurs 28th 5mile run!
    was getting back into it, then between fri- mon morning my wisdom tooth decided to play havoc with me, finally had to give in too the pain, and overcome the fear of dentists yesterday and got it pulled out. hopefully i will be able to go out for a jog tomorrow as i need to keep up the interest otherwise i might fall back into the couch routine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

phew, 34 degrees here in canada today, the boss let us all go home at 3 to enjoy the weather. finally got a run in again after last weeks wisdom tooth fiasco! took it handy as i've never ran in such heat before, just followed some trails by the river and found my way home, don't own a garmin yet, so just ran by feel and was always comfortable, checked my retro casio watch when i got back to the apartment and the time was 53 mins, then straight onto google maps to draw out the route and was very surprised to see that it was 7.3 miles, if my maths is right i think that works out to 7min 12 sec a mile??? so all in all a good workout and good to get back in the saddle!!

32 degree again today, nice to get in some warm weather training like the pro's :-)! jogged a mile to the local park this evening to do some ''hill'' repeats, by hill i mean a man made stair's which has at a quick guess roughly 200 steps, for the first 4 go's i used every step on the way up pumping my legs as quick as i could to get to the top, managed to do the first 4 in around the 53-58 sec's. the last 2 i tried something different by running up every 2nd step, seemed easier at the start though 3/4's of the way up it started to burn, and the last push was tough, did both of these in exactly the same time of 46 sec's happy with the week so far, just to keep it up now!

weds;12th! 7miles in 49 min
    today 12 miles in 84 mins

Advertisement