Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this enough/ too much?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I'm going to start trying for a baby at the end of September. Currently im taking folic acid 400mcg & sona multi plus multivitamin.
    On the multivitamin one of the ingredients is folic acid hg[the h looks like its upside down].
    So is this too much folic acid?
    Also is there anything else I should be taking?
    Already had a miscarriage over a year ago, no explanation given by my gp, it was just one of those things.
    Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Talk with your GP

But in general folic acid is just vitamin B and you can't really get too much.

if you live a relatively healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet should be fine.

but best to confirm with the GP as they can do things like blood test that will check for low levels of B12 etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

What number is beside the folic acid on the sona multivitamin ?

Is the symbol µg ?

Advertisement