Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy wanted

• 03-07-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Last week we had to have our beloved dog put down. She was old and well loved but had become incontinent towards the end and then she started to bleed so the vet advised that it would be better to say goodbye to her.

We didn't intend to get a new dog immediately but our other dog is so lonely and bored we think that it's not fair to leave her without a companion. So we are looking for a puppy, something like a Rottweiler X or a German Shepard X.

We have tons of space and are very used to dogs and they (it) would be well looked after. We would prefer a puppy rather than a more mature dog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

* Rottweiler

Have you tried your local pounds and rescues? They would be a good place to start in finding cross breeds! If you let us know where you are located some people here may be able to PM you pups in rescues near to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

* Rottweiler

Have you tried your local pounds and rescues? They would be a good place to start in finding cross breeds! If you let us know where you are located some people here may be able to PM you pups in rescues near to you.

We're in the South County Dublin area. We have been checking the rescue websites and will continue to do so but I thought if someone on boards wanted to find a good home for a pup it would save the animal having to go to a shelter in the first place.

We want a biggish dog and would like to know at least what breed the mother is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If you are looking for a biggish dog, you really cant go wrong with a greyhound! They make fantastic pets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

OP have a look at the rehoming thread here looks like the perfect dog for you. SignItout posted it during the week looking to rehome two dogs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371&page=81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

amtw wrote: »

We want a biggish dog and would like to know at least what breed the mother is.
    I know its the complete opposite of big, but i know of a stunning 2 year old Westie looking for a home. Owners are moving to the UK and not bringing him with them :(:mad: (dont get me started on that).

Failing that ill pm you the link of a rescue that regularly updates about dogs needing rehoming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement