Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angle Alarm

Options
  • 03-07-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

hi guys, have been reading through the threads and can't find any reference to Angle Alarms , I got mine fitted about 3 years ago , wireless , keypad , happy enough with it , just wondering what you guys opinions are on these , how burgular proof are they , are they a good alarm or are they at the bottom end of the scale , just curious , thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

shooter57 wrote: »
    hi guys, have been reading through the threads and can't find any reference to Angle Alarms , I got mine fitted about 3 years ago , wireless , keypad , happy enough with it , just wondering what you guys opinions are on these , how burgular proof are they , are they a good alarm or are they at the bottom end of the scale , just curious , thanks for any replies.

Angle would be the company that installed the system What type alarm did they install?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If you could post a picture of the alarm it'd be greatly appreciated :) what kind is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

hi altor ,thanks for your reply , funny you ask that , as it's actually an "Angle " alarm , the box outside the house is white with "angle " in navy , if that helps , I have been looking at the keypad for a name or model but it's just a plain white keypad , it does have a model number though !

If you could post a picture of the alarm it'd be greatly appreciated :) what kind is it ?

hiya , thanks for your reply , but I'm in bed at the moment LOL , plus I'm not too technical on posting pics , but will try get one up tomorrow , as I said it's just a plain white keypad ?!

Does it announce "system arming " system unset" when arming and disarming? Male voice ?

• Advertisement

Does it announce "system arming " system unset" when arming and disarming? Male voice ?

no, no voice but it does read all of those on the screen .:) there's a model number LPG..... if that helps , thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Know exactly who he is, installed an alarm for me in a new house before. After about three months discovered alarm going off inside house but not outside, he wouldn't come back, claimed everything in order. Eventually got another co. out to check, wires had never been brought out to the box on the front of the house, new company did this. When I rang him back he claimed plasterers must have cut them, they had been in before him! My advice is for you to check each and every point to make sure it is attached to pad.

mockingjay wrote: »
    Know exactly who he is, installed an alarm for me in a new house before. After about three months discovered alarm going on inside house but not outside, he wouldn't come back, claimed everything in order. Eventually got another co. out to check, wires had never been brought out to the box on the front of the house, new company did this. When I rang him back he claimed plasterers must have cut them, they had been in before him! My advice is for you to check each and every point to make sure it is attached to pad.

hi , thanks for your reply , I did have that prolem with my old alarm (wired) from that company but it was very old so I got a new wireless in , I did hop in the sittingroom window to check the alarm and it didn't go off !!, called him out and showed him , he moved the sensor , some off the sensors were off alright . Are you talking about the wireless or wired alarm ?

I'm trying to find out what kind of alarm is installed ... Strange . Does it say response on the keypad ? How do you turn it on at night?

I'm trying to find out what kind of alarm is installed ... Strange . Does it say response on the keypad ? How do you turn it on at night?

"set " "program 2" night time setting. going out is "set" sets the whole house .:)

when the alarm is not set it reads "system unset " white keypad with small green digital screen .
    Thanks for your help .

• Advertisement

Wired alarm. Got the new crew to remove box & all I was so disgusted. It's a one man (or two pals) company, don't want to name him or location here in case of libel - so he's accountable to no-one & doesn't give a damn. I'd say he's changed the name by this stage.

The amount of **** he gave me on the phone when I rang to try find out about his system was unbelievable ...

The amount of **** he gave me on the phone when I rang to try find out about his system was unbelievable ...

:eek:Can't think why they would be so rude , I never had a problem to be honest .

No mine didn't. No longer in that place so unfortunately can't give you a picture.

YES !! looks the very same only the box for outside has the company name on it .!!

:eek:Can't think why they would be so rude , I never had a problem to be honest .

no I ment he tried to fill me full of lies about his system and why it's better then any other system ... Told me his GSM unit could not be blocked as its specially designed for them.. Wireless alarms are no good because the batteries constantly need changing every couple of months and they do nothing but false alarm . They also don't install inertia ( shock sensors ) on windows as they false alarm

YES !! looks the very same only the box for outside has the company name on it .!!

Not to be offensive but I would consider that type of alarm to be a toy . Very limited functionality . It's a DIY alarm that can be purchased in B&Q and costs nothing to thw overcharged price he probably charged you . He's currently charging around €1000 to install these alarms throughout Newbridge @ € 25 a week .
    Those alarms arent able to anaylise shock sensors . So your window can be smashed and the alarm won't sound

no I ment he tried to fill me full of lies about his system and why it's better then any other system ... Told me his GSM unit could not be blocked as its specially designed for them.. Wireless alarms are no good because the batteries constantly need changing every couple of months and they do nothing but false alarm . They also don't install inertia ( shock sensors ) on windows as they false alarm

I've had mine 3 years though and never had to change the battery . It's never false alarmed on me either . I think he says it has a back up battery , I know when the electricity goes off it has a back up system , true about the shock sensors , i noticed i can walk walk in my hall door and stand in the hallway for nearly 60 secs before it starts to beep . Too long !

Not to be offensive but I would consider that type of alarm to be a toy . Very limited functionality . It's a DIY alarm that can be purchased in B&Q and costs nothing to thw overcharged price he probably charged you . He's currently charging around €1000 to install these alarms throughout Newbridge @ € 25 a week .
    Those alarms arent able to anaylise shock sensors . So your window can be smashed and the alarm won't sound

you are right about the price , when I saw the price on the pic you posted I nearly fainted compared to what I paid ! could I get shock sensors added ?

• Advertisement

That would be the entry time being set to long .. You can get the manual online off that website I posted a link to . Most likely an aritech quick bridge was used

you are right about the price , when I saw the price on the pic you posted I nearly fainted compared to what I paid ! could I get shock sensors added ?

Unfortunately no as those panels do not have built in zone analysers . So shock sensors won't work with them . I don't think those alarms are up to standards either

Do your sensors look like any these

http://www.macalarms.ie/?s=Aritech

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Shock sensors can be put on any system by using an analyser board. All wholesalers sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It's a DIY alarm that can be purchased in B&Q and costs nothing to thw overcharged price he probably charged you . He's currently charging around €1000 to install these alarms throughout Newbridge @ € 25 a week .
    The honeywell accenta is a very basic but reliable alarm system, sure it's only a grade 1 but thats only down to the capacity of the log iirc.
    You will not buy it in B&Q and shock sensors like vipers or impaqs can be fitted as normal, these sensors are extremely reliable.
    Angle has been around for a long time and his business model obviously works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Unfortunately no as those panels do not have built in zone analysers . So shock sensors won't work with them . I don't think those alarms are up to standards either

Vipers, impaqs etc etc. Its grade one. ???
    please dont post wrong information

Jnealon wrote: »

Vipers, impaqs etc etc. Its grade one. ???
    please dont post wrong information

But the panel won't show gross and pulse on the event of an alarm

Jnealon wrote: »
    It's a DIY alarm that can be purchased in B&Q and costs nothing to thw overcharged price he probably charged you . He's currently charging around €1000 to install these alarms throughout Newbridge @ € 25 a week .
    The honeywell accenta is a very basic but reliable alarm system, sure it's only a grade 1 but thats only down to the capacity of the log iirc.
    You will not buy it in B&Q and shock sensors like vipers or impaqs can be fitted as normal, these sensors are extremely reliable.
    Angle has been around for a long time and his business model obviously works

Confident you can buy these at B&Q .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

TB , Either back up your claims that this is not up to standards or retract your comments.
    Likewise present link or proof showing these are on sale in B and Q or stop claiming it.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    TB , Either back up your claims that this is not up to standards or retract your comments.
    Likewise present link or proof showing these are on sale in B and Q or stop claiming it.

I never claimed they were definitely not up to standards I said " I don't think those panels are up to standards " .

Advertisement