Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angle Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And Jnealon told you they are, but you still question it.
    Also,do not argue mod decisions on thread.
    This thread is on thin ice as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I'm simply saying that at one stage these alarms ( with a triangular shaped bellbox) were available in B&Q . I've sent an email asking for conformation as to if they still stock them as they no longer appear on the site .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71754025

Here you say the system is ungraded and cheap?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

I'm simply saying that at one stage these alarms ( with a triangular shaped bellbox) were available in B&Q . I've sent an email asking for conformation as to if they still stock them as they no longer appear on the site .

HI , as far as I know the triangle bell boxes were the old system , my bellbox is a rectangular shape .

In most cases the bells will be global so that won't always identify the panel.

ok just to clear this up I've put up a pic of the panel and sensor . sorry about the really crap pics taken from my laptop !

Any pics of the window sensors ?

• Advertisement

don't have any window sensors , just the sensors on the walls in each room and the keypad . As far as I now the sensor will pic up any movement and break the beam therefore setting off the alarm , I think.

shooter57 wrote: »

don't have any window sensors , just the sensors on the walls in each room and the keypad . As far as I now the sensor will pic up any movement and break the beam therefore setting off the alarm , I think.
    That would mean they'd have to be already inside before the alarm will go off . Are you sure those beams are wireless ?

That would mean they'd have to be already inside before the alarm will go off . Are you sure those beams are wireless ?

thats the one thing I don't like about this alarm , I always said if I hear it going off it means there is someone in the house :eek: as far as I know there is wires in behind it tucked into the wall that you can't see if that makes any sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Guilty, should have stuck with my original answer.
    They were graded to bs4xxx, similar to our IS199 but it was because of the log issue among others that they never got EN.
    While they are cheap they are very reliable, similar to the pir pictured, cheap but very reliable.
    You will also not get them in B&Q
    If you want to add shock sensors simply use these.
    They are grade 3 so not many suppliers will stock them or even know about them but you will get them on-line

Jnealon wrote: »

Guilty, should have stuck with my original answer.
    They were graded to bs4xxx, similar to our IS199 but it was because of the log issue among others that they never got EN.
    While they are cheap they are very reliable, similar to the pir pictured, cheap but very reliable.
    You will also not get them in B&Q
    If you want to add shock sensors simply use these.
    They are grade 3 so not many suppliers will stock them or even know about them but you will get them on-line

Rang B&Q liffey valley today and was told they are no longer stocking them and offered me a number for the supplier they use to get them from if I needed spares ... So you can't get them anymore ... There focusing more on there wireless response range

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rang B&Q liffey valley today and was told they are no longer stocking them and offered me a number for the supplier they use to get them from if I needed spares ... So you can't get them anymore ... There focusing more on there wireless response range

They are just a cheap panel anyway Thunderbird2.
    Surprising enough they are not still selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mick1983

was asked to look at an alarm angle fitted cause at night the toilet which is located downstairs everytime you wanted to use it you had to unset and set alarm when finished in toilet PIR merchants they are

How are installers aloud do this ...do they have no Common sense .

There are quite a few installers fond of their PiRs . As long as they are installed correctly & up to standard they are doing nothing wrong.

.... But it means the crooks have to be in the house before activation . Personally I think PIRs should just be used for verification and as back up to door/window sensors :/

• Advertisement

I agree with you entirely . Just pointing out they are doing nothing wrong.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I agree with you entirely . Just pointing out they are doing nothing wrong.

I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

This fascination with shock sensors is a uniquely Irish thing.
    In the UK, Europe and the US shocks are not very common.
    Proof - Siemens among others not making shocks for their panels

America loves reeds ... Shame shock sensors go faulty

Advertisement