Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy deposit rates

Options
  • 03-07-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Do you provide a list of your legacy deposit rates online?

If not could you tell me the current rates for both the Easysaver & Dualsaver accounts

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rev2.0,

Thanks for your query.

I'm afraid interest rates for Easysaver and Dualsaver accounts are not available online. You can find out the interest rates on our savings accounts by contacting our Financial Advice Centre on 1890 365254 or a Customer Advisor in your branch.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi Tara,

Could you start posting your legacy rates to your website?

It would save costly phone calls to your call-center and increase open online communications to your customers.

AIB do it, Ulster do it and PTSB do it.

Please take this feedback on board and start posting legacy deposit rates to your website.

Thanks,

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for your feedback, we've passed on your suggestion to our Financial Advice Centre. Deposit interest rates that we currently have on offer are available here.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

With BOI constantly changing their deposit accounts and reducing rates without informing customers i closed both my accounts yeserday & will be moving elsewhere in the coming days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi rev2.0

Thank you for your post.

While we don't write to customers individually to advise them of rate changes on variable rate products, we do publish all communications of rate changes in the national press as set out in the guidelines from the Central Bank (Financial Regulator).

Variable rates by their nature can move up and down and are impacted by changes in the European Central Bank (ECB) rates. So the quickest way for us to let customers know about variable rate changed is to publish a notice in national press. We also publish rates for our deposit products on our website.

Communication with our customers is very important to us, and we do write to our customers individually at key times. For example; we write to confirm their account details when they open a savings account with us, we send out annual statements, and we also write to customers before their savings account matures to give them advance notice and time to look at new savings options.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

rev2.0 wrote: »
    With BOI constantly changing their deposit accounts and reducing rates without informing customers i closed both my accounts yeserday & will be moving elsewhere in the coming days

I didnt get an letter from BoI informing me of my Tracker Mortgage interest reduction due to the ECB changes. Should I close my account too? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Hi rev2.0

We also publish rates for our deposit products on our website.

But you don't - that's the thing! I opened a savings account 12 months ago & BOI have now withdrawn this product, stopped publishing rates on the website & reduced the rate by 1% - the other is down 2%!
    I didnt get an letter from BoI informing me of my Tracker Mortgage interest reduction due to the ECB changes. Should I close my account too? ;)

That's expected though - if you had a variable rate mortgage & they increased it without inforrming you would you be happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi rev2.0,

Just to clarify, our website publishes rates on current deposit products.

If you would like to discuss your particular savings accounts, their interest rates and your options, you can speak with the Savings Advisor in your branch or contact 1890 365 254.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

rev2.0 wrote: »
    If not could you tell me the current rates for both the Easysaver & Dualsaver accounts

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=170476

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

While we don't write to customers individually to advise them of rate changes on variable rate products, we do publish all communications of rate changes in the national press as set out in the guidelines from the Central Bank (Financial Regulator).

Hi Linda,

The reality is that this is inadequate in this day and age. Less and less people are buying newspapers.

Can you please advise if you got any feedback on publishing legacy rates on your website?

Would you consider emailing your customers when a rates changes? or would you consider displaying a pop up message when a rate changes, when your customers log into their online banking? or a text message when a rate changes?

I think there needs to be better communications with your constant rate and product changes.

Thanks,

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for your post. I'm currently waiting on a response from our Savings department in relation to your feedback.

I'll post back here as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Ciaran,

We've spoken to our Savings team and they are very grateful for the feedback you've provided.

Your suggestions are excellent and as a result we are now in the process of publishing the current interest rates that apply to the most popular of our legacy variable rate deposit accounts on our website. These should be available to view soon. Publishing changes to our variable interest rates online on the same day as we issue the notice in the press is also possible. We also commit to updating these for our next variable interest rate change.

Although we would agree that emailing our texting our customers when a variable interest rate changes is the quickest way, unfortunately this is not always feasible due to marketing and consent rules regarding customer contact.

We are continually developing our communication channels and we would hope to introduce a secure messaging channel for this in the future.

As always, we appreciate our customers' feedback in relation to any of our products or services.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi Pat,

Thank you very much for taking the feedback on board and for raising it with the relevant teams.

It is great to see that you have committed to publishing your legacy variable rates online and to post changes at the same time as newspaper advertisements.

I look forward to been able to view the legacy rates shortly on your website.

Thanks again,

Ciaran

Hi Pat,

Maybe I am going blind but I cannot see the legacy rates on your website.

Can you please supply the deep URL or advise as to where it is located?

Thanks,

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Ciaran.
    Your suggestions are excellent and as a result we are now in the process of publishing the current interest rates that apply to the most popular of our legacy variable rate deposit accounts on our website. These should be available to view soon.

Our legacy rates have not been updated on our website as yet. We are working on it presently and hope to have an update on it this week. We'll post here as soon as they're up.

Thank you.
    Laura

Hi Laura,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,

Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

We are still working on putting the legacy deposit rates online. Once we do have an update we will let you know asap.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi everyone,

We would first like to thank everyone for their suggestions and feedback.

We now have confirmation that the legacy rates are on our website. If you click here, you can see the full list.

Thanks
    Linda

Good news, thanks Linda.

Advertisement