Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haha --- you WILL be caught !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Not really. What's worrying is the fact the exam superintendent didn't notice someone else was sitting the exam. It took the stupidity of other students to let it come back to the physics teacher who then reported it to the SEC to spot that cheating had occurred.

If anything, it shows how flawed the system is and I bet there's a hell of a lot more cases where the students aren't unlucky enough for the rumours to get back to their teacher and for the teacher to have the stones to report them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

When I was doing the leaving, The supervisor gave off the impression he was an alcoholic who had seen better days, He was tapped, Away with the fairies, He never noticed the student who had his English book and notes on the table all during the test.

It brought tears to my eyes, Very funny. The fact we were all adults probably saved him from being grassed up. Didn't like the bloke myself though. Typically arrogant of him to blatantly cheat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Every year someone is 'caught' doing something and results are withheld. They don't all make the papers. The SEC won't go to the papers with it and the schools don't, for obvious reasons.

In fairness to the superintendent, if two candidates write each other's number on their papers, it's not that easy to spot as the first page gets turned over when the exam begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Wait, what year did they sit their exams? They're 22 now and this is only in the papers now - why?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I think photo ID of sorts should be required, like in university exams. You place the ID on the top corner of your table, and the superintendent checks it while walking around. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd happily pay a €200 fine for each of my subjects if somebody else could take the papers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

They got a way with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

jumpguy wrote: »
    Not really. What's worrying is the fact the exam superintendent didn't notice someone else was sitting the exam. It took the stupidity of other students to let it come back to the physics teacher who then reported it to the SEC to spot that cheating had occurred.

If anything, it shows how flawed the system is and I bet there's a hell of a lot more cases where the students aren't unlucky enough for the rumours to get back to their teacher and for the teacher to have the stones to report them.

I actually saw a picture of the two lads who were involved in it and they look fairly similar tbh! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Agree that Photo id must be brought in like in university exams. I'm sure people get away with cheating the whole time in the LC. I'd imagine people put notes in their pocket and take a bathroom break to get crucial pieces of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I know somebody who was sitting two exams at the same time, so got a supervised lunch break or whatever between the two, they had to give up their phone to the examiner.

As soon as the exam was over they went to the toilet and took two more phones out of their pocket whilst their friends sat outside the school with the paper and textbook, texting them the answers to the more difficult or awkward questions :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The OP is pretty old news; just the judgement down at this point.

If anyone has actual knowledge / proof of cheating, the SEC are the people to contact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement