Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anti ageing cream for younger skin??

• 04-07-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm looking for an anti-ageing/anti-wrinkle moisturiser and an eye cream, however I'm just 25 so its more for fine lines and to prevent wrinkles as much as possible.
    I don't want a really rich heavy cream so was wondering if anyone could recommend any lighter creams for younger skin??

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

You don't say what your skin type is but Clarins do a nice day and night cream for 20s skin - they often sell them in sets by age group, 20 s, 30 s etc. If you don't need full on moisturizing, maybe look at serums too?

For anti ageing though anything I have ever read by dermatologists etc say that sun screen is by far the most effective anti ageing preventive product there is. So get one you like and use it religiously. I use a facial one by Channel but I think La Prairie, Roche Posay, and Roc all have good reputations for sunscreen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

fiona-f wrote: »
    You don't say what your skin type is but Clarins do a nice day and night cream for 20s skin - they often sell them in sets by age group, 20 s, 30 s etc. If you don't need full on moisturizing, maybe look at serums too?

For anti ageing though anything I have ever read by dermatologists etc say that sun screen is by far the most effective anti ageing preventive product there is. So get one you like and use it religiously. I use a facial one by Channel but I think La Prairie, Roche Posay, and Roc all have good reputations for sunscreen too.

Sorry should have said I have combination skin... Can be dry in some areas with oily parts elsewhere ... Oh the joys! Thanks or that, that's a really good point about sun protection. I'm currently using a Clinique one with no SPF and its something that really annoys me about the product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

No cream out there can prevent fine lines only reduce them so it's important to have a good skin care regime.

I tend to choose creams that are free from chemicals (Which can be ageing)
    I also use a vitamin C serum - proven to increase collagen stimulation and is the skins most effective antioxidant.

It's also important to exfoliate once or twice a week to slough off dead skin cells. I do this using a facial microfibre cloth and some Jojoba oil...but everyone has methods they prefer.

Most important of all - good diet - Water (lots of it) sleep (enough of it) and SPF (Everyday!!)

I can't really tell you a certain product to buy as everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products but I can recommend a skin care range I find very good ..I buy from the states though ...Gow

Oh just wanted to add - Spf is better off added separately then depending on it from a moisturiser, which are never strong enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I'm 27 and like you, have combination skin. I use this religiously as my day cream and people always comment on how good my skin looks. It's a grand base under make-up and has UVA and UVB filters to prevent sun damage. It's around 20 - 22 euro as far as I can remember. In the winter I buy the richer textured version (dry skin) for my cheeks because of the central heating drying out my skin a bit.

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Hydraphase/Hydraphase-UV-INTENSE-Light-p5404.aspx

Advertisement