Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dragon 64?

• 04-07-2012 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I posted a while back about finding an old GB colour in my attic... and how i still have not been able to get it off my son as he is playing it any chance he can... even forfeiting his own DSi! :D

So was telling my father about this and he went up to his attic and found my old commodore 64 (ah... the memories - days melting into each other waiting for the tape to load!) but he also found a Dragon 64 with its power supply and one cartridge game.

No other leads or joysticks with it... but he says it is powering up and running.

We cant remember playing this as kids, but think we actually got given it as neighbour was moving abroad in the 80's.

Are these worth anything or are they a ball of sh!te? anyone have any idea?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice find. I actually hadn't heard of/don't recall the Dragon 64 until just now. We had Dragon 32's at school though. Not many folks used them as by that time our school IT systems were replaced with BBC Micro and other Acorn machines.

The only lad I knew at school who had one stunk of piss and his house smelled of chip fat (according to playground reports at least) so no-one went round to play on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Nice finds :D
    The Commodore 64 is has an awesome library of games , I can buy one complete and boxed for about €30,- and complete with data recorder , software and floppy for around € 50,- .

The Dragon is another beast ,it's the same as the 32 but with double the memory .
    I don't think they where even sold out of the UK as they where basically re-branded US Tandy CC home computers , according to my guide they sell for € 40,- complete .
    More info here :

http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Cool... that nice to know... maybe it was that same smelly lad who went abroad and left his to us! :D

Looking forward to seeing it now when i call to my parents house at the wkend, it will be interesting to see how different it is from the commodore 64.

Advertisement