Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's Three network?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Planning on getting a Xperia P with either o2 (my current network) or else three. It'd be mostly for internet and gaming and o2 can be really slow or maybe it's my old samsung spica from two years ago.

Is three any better with their internet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

get a free pre pay sim and test out the signal where you live, work and play. That'll tell you. For me signal was great although I did move to meteor for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The only problem is I dunno if I can unlock the phone manually (since I'm buying it from o2/three). And I haven't had an newish phone in about two or three years.

test the signal on the device you already own or borrow an unlocked phone

This might sound completely odd but nobody I know has it unlocked.

Is it possible that my phone is just too old? Since even on my own wi-fi it's sluggish.

You don't need the xperia to test the signal. What mobile have you now?

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You don't need the xperia to test the signal. What mobile have you now?

This one:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_i5700
    But they called it a samsung galaxy over here.

Yep that'll do. Get that unlocked if it isn't already, from o2. Get a free three pre pay sim and pop it in and see how strong the signal is where you live work and play. You want good 3G signal if you like using the internet.

Alright cheers, I'll see if they'll unlock it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aire

I both live and work in the city centre, and I found that 3 Mobile had a really lousy internet speed, really slow and clunky. Switched to O2 and all is well now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I live and work in Dublin and the reception was fine for calls and texts, Internet on the other hand was either fantastic or crap.

I often travel to the country and as soon as you leave the city it drops to nothing , it'll take an hour to load a webpage.

But as soon as you get to a town it'll pick up , though only just.

I moved back to meteor because they have better reception, if only they had the data allowance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

South dublin
    Screenshot_2012-07-04-11-35-53.png

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Overall 3 appear to have the widest 3G coverage in Ireland, but unfortunately it isn't universal yet. When there's no 3G available, you will be using Vodafone's 2G network instead, which is painfully slow for data.

Advertisement