Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring your Irish drivers licence - Perth

Options
  • 04-07-2012 8:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭

Im here 4 months now, havent driven yet but might need a car soon. need to transfer to a WA Licence. anyone know how i do it, what i need, where to go etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

In WA you need to have..

Passport
    Age Card
    Bank card
    Letter with proof of address
    Visa grant letter
    Irish Licence

Just go to your nearest vechicle licencing centre, you will probally need to get a age card first, then when you get the age card go to the centre and they will copy all you documents and id's and should ring you within a week to say your Irish licence is valid and to come back into take your photo. The licence will be posted after 3 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

No need to change it unless your on PR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

cheers folks
    is the pr bit right, it also says you dont need to apply til your current licence expires

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

I was told when getting mine recently that i did not have to. I did anyway, I think the rules on having to change your licence have changed. I'd just ring them. its the quickest way to know the score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Usually don't need to change if on 417 or 457.

Advertisement