Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for boots...

Options
  • 04-07-2012 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

A pair of Doc Martins / Boots, whats the best place I assume in the Shopping centre for them ? Doc's expensive ?

Heading to a gig tomorrow and don't fancy sweating in a pair of wellies so a pair of boots is a much better option.

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Docs run at about 90 to 120 quid a pair, you can get hiking boots or work boots for less then that, depends what you are after. Barratts in the centre sell docs and shoe zone also have a range of boots.

If you get toughened safety boots then you don't have to worry about people stepping on your feet at a gig, esp if you end up in the mosh pit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Sharrow wrote: »
    Docs run at about 90 to 120 quid a pair, you can get hiking boots or work boots for less then that, depends what you are after. Barratts in the centre sell docs and shoe zone also have a range of boots.

If you get toughened safety boots then you don't have to worry about people stepping on your feet at a gig, esp if you end up in the mosh pit.

It's pretty much just for the Stone Roses gig and future outdoor gigs, as with the weather we have had, weather it rains or not tomorrow the grass will be in bits !! so I think the boots will be a better option as opposed to wellies, especially if heading out after

Thanks for the advice Sharrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I have size ten Docs bought in Shuh in the Centre 18 months back. only wear them rarely asi got such a slagging :)

I have size ten Docs bought in Shuh in the Centre 18 months back. only wear them rarely asi got such a slagging :)

How much they set ya back ?

around a hundred euro

• Advertisement

Shoe Zone, yer only man.

30e for a pair of boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Try Heatons. Karrimor hiking boots 35 euro. Bought last weekend for long long hike. Waterproof, comfy and no sweat. Or TK max have good selection but depends on size.

moonbloom wrote: »
    Try Heatons. Karrimor hiking boots 35 euro. Bought last weekend for long long hike. Waterproof, comfy and no sweat. Or TK max have good selection but depends on size.

That's a big plus tbh !!!

May have to check em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Alaska1 wrote: »
    That's a big plus tbh !!!

Buy a pair in Shoe Zone and you'd be as good as wrapping your feet in plastic if sweat is an issue. Staff in there must be permanently high or go home with thumping headaches every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tk Maxx

• Advertisement

you will get what you pay for. i paid 35 euro for a bargain pair of hiking boots that lasted about three hikes and fell apart. i paid 135 for a pair in 53 degrees north with a guarantee and they have lasted 18 months and there is nothing wrong with them. i say go the extra mile and get the long haul out of them.

Advertisement