Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude and Threatening Behaviour

Options
  • 04-07-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭

LINK

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056690019

I wish to make a complaint relative to the bevahiour of a modertator

I was publically accused of Trolling and making unsubstantiated accusations by a Mod in Animals & Pets

I was then sent a post that said I was recieving a warning from being "Uncivil" but strangly omitted any reference to trolling or unsubstantiated accusations

I was so taken aback by the attack of this MOD I removed my own post and pm'd them directly

In the pm I explained that I was neither trolling nor making unsubstantiated accusations and had replied to the content of another posters reply and had made no response to the poster themselves

I asked for a proper explanation of the public accusation of trolling etc against the private warning of being 'uncivil' - a huge discrepancy imo.

The Mod did not answer my questions relative to this, was further evasive and rude towards me and provided no explanation but I believed threatened me when I asked to take the matter further which is absolutely disgraceful

I include my PM for your reference - please delete if this is not standard practice.

PM from MOD

The dispute resolution process is here, knock yourself out. I must advise however that your posting style is very reminiscent of another poster you appealed a yellow card and had it increased to a well deserved month long ban. Time-sinks are not looked upon too fondly over there.

AJ
    Reply from me
    This is neither really very polite or helpfull and definitly not professional - so YES I will be following up your uncivil behaviour in this matter. I really wonder how you got to be a moderator with such snide comments about other posters history and yellow cards.

I take it from your last comment that this is a threat directed at myself IF I dare report this matter. I guess what you are saying here is that you a moderator and will do what ever you like. Just because you disagree with a poster that is no justification in calling them a troll publically on the thread and be disingenious by THEN giving a different reason in the PM.

I have asked politly for an explanation - YOU have given none.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi gozunda,

One of the Rec Mods will look at this as soon as we can.

Thanks

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi gozunda,

One of the Rec Mods will look at this as soon as we can.

Thanks

Micky

Thanks

G

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

gozunda wrote: »
    Thanks

G

Hi Gozunda.

I am just checking up on this for you now.

From reading through the thread, the original text of the post for which you received the warning was as follows:
    This is a wind-up right?

I have dogs, cats, fowl and I have NEVER had a dog who did any of the above to another of my animals.

If one of my pets killed another pet I would have very serious concerns - I am not talking flies, mice etc here btw for obvious reasons as these are not pets!

My dogs do not / have not kill cats and I would not allow this ever as any type of normal behaviour. The dogs accept the cats as part of the family because they are domestic pets and are not wild. They are not kept separate - what kind of domestic menagerie involves locking co-habiting animals away from each other???? What breeds are you advocating??

A dog chassing a ball IS not the same thing as a domestic dog ripping another pet apart. A domestic dog attacking another domestic animal that it knows DOES have parallels with attacks on other household pet or human.

Any dog acting like a domestic dog is all right - an aggressive dog with a exhibited killer instinct and NOT a domestic pet

What type of pet are you keeping - fighting dogs by any chance?

Nice you advocate that other pets are the inevitable casualties of keeping 'domestic' dogs - excuse me but that's B*ll*cks....

The moderator warning posted on thread was as follows:

Enough with the personal abuse, the trolling and the unsubstantiated accusations. This is your first and only warning.

Adrenalinjunkie also posts a selection of relevant quotes from your original post:
    This is a wind-up right?

Nice you advocate that other pets are the inevitable casualties of keeping 'domestic' dogs - excuse me but that's B*ll*cks....

Furthermore, via PM, the following was pointed out by adrenalinjunkie:
    You have been uncivil to numerous posters throughout the duration of that thread. You accused a poster of dog-fighting, asked people if they are members of the 'fluffy brigade', and yes you used a needlessly aggressive and confrontational tone throughout. The yellow card stands.

I would agree with adrenalinjunkie's assessment.

I understand this is an emotive topic however the above PM is fair from my reading of the thread. The manner in which you framed your reply is unnecessarily personal. You use terms like "fluffy brigade" and also query if another poster is training fighting dogs. This kind of posting is going to wind people up, provoke negative responses etc.

This is not relevant to the discussion IMO and is unnecessarily derogatory.

In this instance, while I value your input into the topic in general and feel the majority of your posting was providing a reasonable counter-point, I feel that the manner in which you posted strayed to unnecessarily personal territory and this reprimand is justified based on the quotes outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

gozunda wrote: »
    Thanks

G

Hi Gozunda.

I am just checking up on this for you now.

From reading through the thread, the original text of the post for which you received the warning was as follows:
    This is a wind-up right?
    I have dogs, cats, fowl and I have NEVER had a dog who did any of the above to another of my animals.
    If one of my pets killed another pet I would have very serious concerns - I am not talking flies, mice etc here btw for obvious reasons as these are not pets!
    My dogs do not / have not kill cats and I would not allow this ever as any type of normal behaviour. The dogs accept the cats as part of the family because they are domestic pets and are not wild. They are not kept separate - what kind of domestic menagerie involves locking co-habiting animals away from each other???? What breeds are you advocating??
    A dog chassing a ball IS not the same thing as a domestic dog ripping another pet apart. A domestic dog attacking another domestic animal that it knows DOES have parallels with attacks on other household pet or human.
    Any dog acting like a domestic dog is all right - an aggressive dog with a exhibited killer instinct and NOT a domestic pet
    What typeof pet are you keeping - fighting dogs by any chance?

The moderator warning posted on thread was as follows:
    Enough with the personal abuse, the trolling and the unsubstantiated accusations. This is your first and only warning.

Adrenalinjunkie also posts a selection of relevant quotes from your original post:
    This is a wind-up right?...

Furthermore, via PM, the following was pointed out by adrenalinjunkie:
    You have been uncivil to numerous posters throughout the duration of that thread. You accused a poster of dog-fighting, asked people if they are members of the 'fluffy brigade', and yes you used a needlessly aggressive and confrontational tone throughout. The yellow card stands.

I would agree with adrenalinjunkie's assessment.

I understand this is an emotive topic however the above PM is fair from my reading of the thread. The manner in which you framed your reply is unnecessarily personal. You use terms like "fluffy brigade" and also query if another poster is training fighting dogs. This kind of posting is going to wind people up, provoke negative responses etc.

This is not relevant to the discussion IMO and is unnecessarily derogatory.

In this instance, while I value your input into the topic in general and feel the majority of your posting was providing a reasonable counter-point, I feel that the manner in which you posted strayed to unnecessarily personal territory and this reprimand is justified based on the quotes outlined above.

Thanks dr.bollocko

Yes that was my email I posted and deleted. The selection you give above from the 'original post' is actually from that post you have quoted in full. - please reread.

If you are going to do me for the term 'fluffy brigade' ok I admit hands up - (but hardly a hanging offence IMO.) but fairs fair

I have already explained that the QUESTION concerning Keeping fighting dogs (and not training as you referred to) was BECAUSE the poster said that he expected his pets to be aggressive to each other. Not a normal pet household that I have experienced and this WAS relevant to the discussion in hand.

However leaving all that aside. My Primary issue here is with the Mod referring to me as a Troll and my making unsubstantiated accusations in Public - And then strangely the same Mod in saying nothing concerning this on sending me a PM but rather informing me I was Uncivil. ? There is a huge unexplained discrepancy here.

I will take the 'Uncivil' for the ' fluffy bunnies and b*ll*cks comment ( Of interest I note your Username) BUT I would like an explanation of why this Mod has hysterically referred to me as a troll and a purveyor of unsubstantiated accusations. I made no trolling comments or actions that I am aware off in this Thread.

This is what I asked the Mod and I remain in the dark as to the Mods final PM which basically told me to go to hell when I asked for an explanation concerning the difference in his public attack and his PM responses (eg Go knock yourself out, Timesink etc etc)

Can you review this again as I believed that I have not received an full explanation of this Mods uncivil behaviour in relation to his public post to me (troll etc) against what he said in his first PM and the rude nature of his final PM (which I posted in my first post)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

apologies to dr. bollocko here but this thread is a time-sink of the highest order.

gozunda you were given a yellow card, a warning, for behaviour that you admit was wrong.

The Mod did not threaten you. The Mod responded to you in much the same dismissive tone that you treated other posters on the thread in question.

You are in the wrong, not the Mod.

Card will not be lifted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement