Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Family Package Holiday on Med

• 04-07-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭

Hi. We're just back from a great family holiday. Not a package, flew with Ryanair to south of France, stayed on the Med coast in campsite, rented a car. The usual stuff. It was brilliant I have to say, but with anticipated reductions in income over the next years, I was wondering if people had any recommendations for package holidays, i.e. charter flight, transfer, accommodation all in single price. I imagine it would work out a good bit cheaper.

Kids are 4 & 7. Ideally we'd have walking access to beach, but onsite pool too, and kids club.

This year's trip cost us about 2800 for 11 nights before spending money:
    flights 1000
    car 400
    accommodation 1400

How does this compare with other people? We have pretty luxurious accommodation in a chalet on a beautiful beach in a really good campsite. I'd be happy to go to anywhere in the Med and try something different if there was significant gains to be made though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi. We're just back from a great family holiday. Not a package, flew with Ryanair to south of France, stayed on the Med coast in campsite, rented a car. The usual stuff. It was brilliant I have to say, but with anticipated reductions in income over the next years, I was wondering if people had any recommendations for package holidays, i.e. charter flight, transfer, accommodation all in single price. I imagine it would work out a good bit cheaper.

Kids are 4 & 7. Ideally we'd have walking access to beach, but onsite pool too, and kids club.

This year's trip cost us about 2800 for 11 nights before spending money:
    flights 1000
    car 400
    accommodation 1400

How does this compare with other people? We have pretty luxurious accommodation in a chalet on a beautiful beach in a really good campsite. I'd be happy to go to anywhere in the Med and try something different if there was significant gains to be made though.

Just back from package holiday. Cambrils spain. Lovely spot.
    Full price for 2 adults 4 kids in aug 2600.
    Thats flights acomm and transfers. You save diy when booking outside school holidays it appears.

Oh ya the further south in spain you go the dearer.
    If you can go diy a week before summer school holidays imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Stayed with key camp June/ July for 3 weeks, 1.5 at Languedoc and 1.5 weeks at st Raphael.

Accommodation 1200 3 bed mobile homes
    Flights 500 Dublin to Carcassonne and from nice to Dublin
    Car hire ford c- max 600

Total 2300 for 2 adults 3 kids.

Stayed in Italy with canvas in may 7 days
    Accommodation 400 3 bed mobile 2nd from best, flights Ryanair Dublin to treviso 400, car hire 200 open meriva.

Total 1k for 3 adults and 3 kids

Next year we have booked
    Canvas holiday we are going back to the sane place again.

June accommodation - best mobile home 2 weeks 1200 also could do 3 weeks for same price, flights and car hire nit booked yet. 3 adults 3 kids, my moms joining us.

Did stay at the viva sunrise in Majorca for the 5 of us in late September it was 1500. Sc. I've never come across another holiday that cheap for the 5 of us.

Went to lanzarote in august last year it was 1700 for one week all inclusive for 2 adults and 1 free child.

For a holiday in July or august for the 5 of us would work out at over 3.5k for 1 week sc.

We love Italy so plan on going back there for the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

cynder wrote: »
    Stayed with key camp June/ July for 3 weeks, 1.5 at Languedoc and 1.5 weeks at st Raphael.

Accommodation 1200 3 bed mobile homes
    Flights 500 Dublin to Carcassonne and from nice to Dublin
    Car hire ford c- max 600

Total 2300 for 2 adults 3 kids.

Stayed in Italy with canvas in may 7 days
    Accommodation 400 3 bed mobile 2nd from best, flights Ryanair Dublin to treviso 400, car hire 200 open meriva.

Total 1k for 3 adults and 3 kids

Next year we have booked
    Canvas holiday we are going back to the sane place again.

June accommodation - best mobile home 2 weeks 1200 also could do 3 weeks for same price, flights and car hire nit booked yet. 3 adults 3 kids, my moms joining us.

Did stay at the viva sunrise in Majorca for the 5 of us in late September it was 1500. Sc. I've never come across another holiday that cheap for the 5 of us.

Went to lanzarote in august last year it was 1700 for one week all inclusive for 2 adults and 1 free child.

For a holiday in July or august for the 5 of us would work out at over 3.5k for 1 week sc.

We love Italy so plan on going back there for the next few years.

Hi, what were the sites you went to in the Languedoc, St Raphael, and the one in Italy? You got some great prices there!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

The campsite we stayed in languedoc was le sirene, fantastic place, water slides in the pools and good entertainment, the acts were in french but they were brilliant, they did cats and greece, in any language it was brilliant.

The place we stayed i st rapheal was Esterel was good but not a good as le sirene, i think la baum has better facilities. We took a trek over the mountains as there is a riding centre next door, we were on a small track with a sheer drop the other side, not for the faint hearted...

The Italian campsite near venice is called marina di venizia (trip advisor reviews are very good) it was perfect for us, going back next year but plan to take a day trip to the lakes. It was so clean and safe, its the best spot we have been to. The beach was massive and clean with plenty of cafes ( there was a storm after we came back home and washed sea weed on to the beach but the campsite takes care of the beach and got rid of it all took a couple of days though). Not much evening entertainment until July/August same with most campsite, but to sit out with a glass of wine in the fine weather with the kids out playing is very relaxing.

Advertisement