Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong information given by AA Car Insurance

Options
  • 04-07-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I recently added my dad onto my comprenhensive car insurance with Zurich which I got through the AA call centre.
    When I originally called up, i gave the details and its was processed, I was advised at the time that my monthly payment would reduce to €50 a month down from €69 - Happy days.
    So i received my new policy and noticed that they had put the worng date of birth down for my dad - 1952 instead of 1962 so i called back to inform them that it was wrong year, the girl i spoke with then advised me that my monthly Direct debit would now increase to €79 - and I told her I had said 1962 and this was the price i was quoted so she got the guy who did the original add on to my policy and he couldnt have been nicer - said it was his error and that the DD would remain the same as quoted - So thought nothing more of it.

I received my bank statement and noticed that i have been paying €61.12 per month since the change and called them about it. Now to say i got a robot of a call agent would be too kind. She went through my policy and explained that the €50 i was qouted was taken off the remainder of the policy - I explained to her that i specifically asked the guy when i changed it 'would my DD be 50e a month and he said yeah'. Thats the main thing i cared about- how much was coming out of my bank every month.

She just kept putting me on hold and coming back wiht 'I've checked your policy and its right- you got your discount'. I felt like screaming ~(bt having worked in call centres before I would never do that).
    I kept telling her that i understand what she is saying but that this is not what i was told, therefore i was given FALSE information. She actually couldnt grasp this concept- ' No you policy is right' is all i kept hearing even though several times i told her that i now understand the policy but this doesnt change the fact that i was sold wrong. Simple stuff really.

In the end I was just so fed up speaking to this mor on that i asked for a supervisor who was convienently unavailable so still waiting for callback.

Do I have any case with this? According to the intro message all calls are recorded so i will be asking for the call whenn/if i get to speak to a supervisor today.

Advertisement