Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angelina Ballerina Dance Classes

Options
  • 04-07-2012 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone here have any of their kids in the Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy? My daughter is turning 3 soon and I'd like to get her into something to do at the weekends. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it the Maynooth one ?
    I have heard nothing about but but I have heard that there is a brilliant dance school in Celbridge for the little ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

No, it's in Firhouse. I had a look on their website, it looks good. I don't think it starts until September so I've plenty of time to decide whether or not to go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I do ballet and to be honest I would try and find somewhere else. It's a large business throughout the UK and Ireland. I've had a look at the site and I couldn't find any information about the ballet they actually teach (may be wrong though). There are different methods of teaching ballet. There's RAD which seems to be the most common, ISTD, NATD, Vaganova and Cechetti (think that's all, the latter two seem to be more common in America). I didn't find anything about this and there is no information about the qualifications of the teachers (this is important as bad teaching can cause injury). To me it seems more about the actual mouse, meeting the mouse and receiving the gifts rather than dancing. The classes are 30 minutes long but they cater for 3-6 year olds. I suppose it could be fun for your daughter but IMO I wouldn't think she would learn much from the class. But she is only 3 so I would say she would like it.
    If you want this to be a hobby then it would be better to find somewhere else but you could send her there first for fun and then somewhere else after. It depends really what you're looking for however if it was me I would say away from it just from looking at the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

ABDA - I think you need to verify yourself with a mod in order to represent any commercial organisation on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You're right Sleepy.

ABDA - please contact hello@boards.ie if you would like to verify yourself as a representative of your business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ROZLYN

Hi Battleaxe88,
    We sent our little one to these ballet classes but we're looking elsewhere this September. As CookieMonster.x said it's more about the mouse character via stories, flashcards, stickers etc. At 10euro for 30 mins it's expensive too compared to proper ballet lessons. Another mom I know came early to pick up her child and they were being read a story!! Would not recommend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Thanks for that @Rozlyn. I thought the price was a bit steep too for not a lot of time.. 30 mins is nothing really. Gonna try find something else for her to do on a Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ABDA

Can you please post an alternative contact as we are receiving the follow report for hello@boards.ie

Your message did not reach some or all of theintended recipients.

Subject: Verification

Sent: 30/08/2012 10:57

The following recipient(s) cannotbe reached:

'hello@boards.ie' on 30/08/2012 10:57

550 sorry, no mailbox here by thatname (#5.1.1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry, it's reps@boards.ie

Advertisement