Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman claims damages over her Height!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There are a lot of people who would pay good money to see films starring giant women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

She's not claiming damages over her height really, she's claiming damages for an undiagnosed tumour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

She can still basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

It'll be a tall order trying to get some compensation from that. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

im 6ft 5 and a fella
    would love a bird whos at least 6ft, saves me having to bend over doggy style to kiss them haha
    also look like a pedo swell ha

but seriously 6ft5 for a girl is actually freaky tall,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thread title is a bit misleading...? She's claiming the conditions that led to he height should be conpensated, not the height itself!

(Not nessecarily agreeign with her, just, eh, putting things into perspective...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    (Not nessecarily agreeign with her, just, eh, putting things into perspective...)

Yeah, we should all try seeing things from her....<snigger> height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Any pics so I can inform you all of the answer to the very important question of whether I would or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

saiint wrote: »
    but seriously 6ft5 for a girl is actually freaky tall,

It's easy to climb a fallen tree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

latenia wrote: »
    Any pics so I can inform you all of the answer to the very important question of whether I would or not?

Face picture here:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/904098-6ft-5in-woman-sues-for-2m-damages-missed-tumour-made-me-a-freak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

snu snu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah, we should all try seeing things from her....<snigger> height.

"Ah, she's not that tall, Ted!"
    "Dougal, she's far away..."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A quick google tells me Uma Thurman is 5' 11"

I'd have sworn she was taller then that, she always seemed one of the tallest ladies on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭PerrDub

Must be awful for her being a woman that height, still, didn't stop Gwendoline Christie who's in Game of Thrones

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1240709/Petite-Anna-Friel-dwarfed-tall-friend-vintage-exit-theatre.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Reminds me of a dilemma I had. A local kid and his parents who are regulars at our business. Both parents are average height. I knew the kid was big for his age when he was as tall as me (granted I'm a smallish 5'7" guy) but wearing the local national school uniform. Assumed back then that it was 6th class. Shocked that he was still wearing the same uniform the next year....and the next year...... He was over six foot by the time I saw his transition to the local secondary school uniform. First year!!

He's at least 6'5" now pre Junior Cert. His brows are looking more robust these days.

My dilemma is whether its my place to suggest to the parents if they've investigated a Pituitary Tumour. If its caught in time the sufferer can end up just being a big person but not so big that their size effectively starts to become a handicap in everday life. Catching early also prevents the bulging brows, nose and Jaw that develop during puperty with people suffering Gigantism (Pituitary Tumour). ie. They'll end up looking normal albeit big but wont end up looking like Andre the Giant or Jaws from the bond movies.

So do I possibly save the kid from turning into Jaws but risk offending the parents.

ie. FFS people, He might not be 'Just a big strapping lad'. Would ye bloody educate yourselves. How can you think this is normal!!

They are obviously oblivious to it up to now because the kid is 6'5" in second year with brow starting to grow bigger.

I mean how do you approach them about it. "Hey, you know Jaws from the Bond movies, I think your son might have the same condition, Will ye fcuking do something about it before its too late ye self absorbed feckers!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭PerrDub

Sure 6ft5+ men are common enough, but as for a woman, it's a real curse and most people would not look twice at a man that height, but a woman....different story!
    Though loads of women still totter around in mega-heels...not that I'm complaining, though women class there height in heels as being there actual height! "Are you 5ft5, nah i'm 5ft10!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Holy shit, it's bigfoot"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dam wish i could suddenly grow to 6 ft 5 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fecky the Ninth

"das a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bitch" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

I thought this article was cool as well.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/841643-tall-schoolgirl-cant-find-skirt-that-isnt-too-short
    So many girls in Ireland will try to use this as an excuse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

As a tall women who gets daily comments about how 'freakishly' tall I am, I completely understand this women's pain. However, doctors are not infallible and suing them for this 'mistake' is ridiculous.

Women are getting taller as well, so she won't be alone up there for much longer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Calibos wrote: »
    Reminds me of a dilemma I had. A local kid and his parents who are regulars at our business. Both parents are average height. I knew the kid was big for his age when he was as tall as me (granted I'm a smallish 5'7" guy) but wearing the local national school uniform. Assumed back then that it was 6th class. Shocked that he was still wearing the same uniform the next year....and the next year...... He was over six foot by the time I saw his transition to the local secondary school uniform. First year!!

He's at least 6'5" now pre Junior Cert. His brows are looking more robust these days.

My dilemma is whether its my place to suggest to the parents if they've investigated a Pituitary Tumour. If its caught in time the sufferer can end up just being a big person but not so big that their size effectively starts to become a handicap in everday life. Catching early also prevents the bulging brows, nose and Jaw that develop during puperty with people suffering Gigantism (Pituitary Tumour). ie. They'll end up looking normal albeit big but wont end up looking like Andre the Giant or Jaws from the bond movies.

So do I possibly save the kid from turning into Jaws but risk offending the parents.

ie. FFS people, He might not be 'Just a big strapping lad'. Would ye bloody educate yourselves. How can you think this is normal!!

They are obviously oblivious to it up to now because the kid is 6'5" in second year with brow starting to grow bigger.

I mean how do you approach them about it. "Hey, you know Jaws from the Bond movies, I think your son might have the same condition, Will ye fcuking do something about it before its too late ye self absorbed feckers!!"

i was over 6ft in 6th class, so was my brother. my father is 5'11 and my mother is 5'6 - neither are particularly tall. im 29 now and 6'6, my brother is 19 and 6'5. neither of us have a pituitary tumour. some people are just tall

"das a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bitch" :pac:

"BEHEMOTH!"

panda100 wrote: »
    Women are getting taller as well, so she won't be alone up there for much longer :)
    In the west both males and females have pretty much hit their maximum height for the foreseeable future.

In the west both males and females have pretty much hit their maximum height for the foreseeable future.

the average will continue to rise though, even if the maximum is maxed out

Helix wrote: »
    the average will continue to rise though, even if the maximum is maxed out

I thought predictions were that average height in the west will fall or at best stabilise over the next while?

I thought predictions were that average height in the west will fall or at best stabilise over the next while?

not really seeing all that much proof for that personally, but ive not done any studies or anything :P

sure anything under 6'2 wouldnt be considered "tall" these days really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Calibos wrote: »

Start out subtle 'little johnny's not so little anymore"

work from there towards increasing bluntness

stop if they get annoyed at you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I wouldn't mind being 6'5"...

Actually second thoughts I would... 6' is more than enough tall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I wouldn't mind being 6'5"...

Actually second thoughts I would... 6' is more than enough tall...

6'1-6'3 is the sweet spot for a bloke in Ireland I reckon

In Holland that would be small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Tall girls can take it from behind standing up. Always good if its raining at kick-out time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A quick google tells me Uma Thurman is 5' 11"

I'd have sworn she was taller then that, she always seemed one of the tallest ladies on screen

thats more just camera tricks to make her stand out more i'd say. Tom cruise is only 5'7 and hes never smaller than anyone on screen:P

SmallTom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

bossa_nova wrote: »
    thats more just camera tricks to make her stand out more i'd say. Tom cruise is only 5'7 and hes never smaller than anyone on screen:P

SmallTom.jpg

Ha ha funny how the more famous, wealthy and powerful Tom Cruise became the "taller" he became in his films. Think he get to handpick his co stars these days. When you see him in Top Gun when he wasnt a megastar all the other guys were taller or alot taller than him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement