Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling an iphone

• 04-07-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm in the fortunate position of being offered a free upgrade to an iphone4s. While I'd quite like to have the phone I don't really it and I could more do with what it's worth considering I see them being sold for €400 and more on adverts, ebay etc. So I'm just looking for a little advise on where would be best to sell it at what price and if I can choose would a white or black phone be most saleable. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

depending on what size it is, will depend on the price you get.
    Also it will most likely be locked to your network so this will drop the price again.

i find adverts the best, just ignore the low ballers and make it really clear in the ad its genuine etc

you cant take the risk anymore with insurance on the phones and people claiming them stolen etc so i would only buy from a long term adverts user who would be traceable to an extent or at least you can see their past history etc some people are now address verified so you know they are not out to scam people.

I sold my mas S2 on adverts last month and made it clear in the ad that i was genuine, the phone wasnt insured so wasnt gona be declared stolen a week later etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I hadn't though about some one thinking it might be a scam, I've no history of selling on adverts could that have an effect on being able to sell that way. Would you rate selling it via ebay at all even through UK ebay, I've bought and sold items through them for years now and had no bother but with something like a phone I was just a bit more wary of how to do it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Just as regards it being locked.

If you have signed up to a direct debit, there shouldn't be much of a problem getting it unlocked.

If they say that they can't unlock it, just say that you travel to the continent a lot on business and have various sims and would rather just have one phone you can put any of them in.

If they still won't budge, ring the retentions department (the people in your network who have the power to alter standard deals) and tell them all you want is the phone unlocked.

As regards sale, have a look at the adverts.ie prices but have a look at actual sale prices rather than just what people are looking for.

Best of luck with the sale.

Advertisement