Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 17) July 6-8 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This run of games for Rovers is feeling a little like a man stumbling further and further into quicksand. Dreading it a little.

Pat Sullivan available for Rovers but not sure how fit he will be.

RTE have a live (unspecified) game down for the Friday as well but I assume it's a mistake as the Sligo vs Bray on Saturday is down to be shown as well.

Noticed on Fool.IE that last week was week 16 according to their match threads so will bow to their train spotting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stovelid make us a snazzy match thread for these :D

20:45 St. Patricks ? - ? Vestmannaeyar

20:45 Bohemian FC ? - ? Thor A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stovelid make us a snazzy match thread for these :D

20:45 St. Patricks ? - ? Vestmannaeyar

20:45 Bohemian FC ? - ? Thor A

I'm too depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Awh, but I'm not ready for more fixtures yet... :(
    I'm still to come down from last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sunday 6pm.

Can't remember a game at that time before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

stovelid wrote: »

Noticed on Fool.IE that last week was week 16 according to their match threads so will bow to their train spotting.

Trust your own instincts, Series No. 17 of Airtricty League season.

UCD looked poor against Dundalk last week and only started to play in the second half. The Students will have to improve if we are going to compete against Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sligo will hopefully get the win on Saturday, Bray games are usually tight enough however hoping home advantage we can get the win. We have 3 new signings available for this game, looking forward to see if any of them will make the 11 assuming all 3 will be in the match day squad.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tough game going down to the Cross (which I'll be missing unfortunately). We've an easier run of games following this so consolidating our position with a draw would be grand.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Big game for us on Thursday vs the "mighty" Thor. Can see us suffering on Sunday after 2 big performances in 6 days unfortunately!!

Won't be making the trip to Caaark as I'm saving up in hope of a trip to Prague with Bohs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Sligo will hopefully get the win on Saturday, Bray games are usually tight enough however hoping home advantage we can get the win. We have 3 new signings available for this game, looking forward to see if any of them will make the 11 assuming all 3 will be in the match day squad.

Ye should win comfortably. Bray have a lot of instability at the back, and now a main defender is on the magic plane. Can see a 3/4-0:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Be interesting if Dundalk have a team come Friday! Won't be making it myself, jetting out on holidays on Friday afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Be interesting if Dundalk have a team come Friday! Won't be making it myself, jetting out on holidays on Friday afternoon!

Part timer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone know if Derry are still having trouble with injuries/suspensions? Really need a win at this stage. The two week break probably hasn't helped. We looked like a different team against Dundalk to the one before the midseason break.

Anyone know if Derry are still having trouble with injuries/suspensions? Really need a win at this stage. The two week break probably hasn't helped. We looked like a different team against Dundalk to the one before the midseason break.

Extratime will have a list of suspensions and previews tomorrow. Hope UCD get the win, shall be a fun game to be at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anytime I try to make a Bohs match be it Home or away it always seems to be at the worst time for me.

Have to miss this one too.:(

Russell not suspended for Rovers game...........phew :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mushy wrote: »
    Ye should win comfortably. Bray have a lot of instability at the back, and now a main defender is on the magic plane. Can see a 3/4-0:(
    You still thinking about coming up for it?

AgileMyth wrote: »
    You still thinking about coming up for it?

I won't be able to unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Russell not suspended for Rovers game...........phew :cool:

You could play Russell Brand in midfield and you'll still beat rovers at the moment...

Russell-Brand-football.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1265930951706

You could play Russell Brand in midfield and you'll still beat rovers at the moment...

Russell-Brand-football.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1265930951706

Russell is one of the best players i have ever seen in a Pats jersey, hes ****ing unreal.

They went 5 for 5 with us last week and stopped us for a bit, now we have our normal fullbacks on a big pitch :D

but one game at a time, IBV 1st then worry about Rovers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd send out the same team that won on penalties in the League Cup last week against Pats on Sunday.

After 'settling in' in the first half and giving SOC a free header after another Gilbert misplaced crossfield pass, they throttled Chambers, Russell, Forrester etc very well.

Dealt with Philly Hughes et al better on Monday than the senior lads in the recent league visit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Three points a must tonight.

Don't expect the entertainment factor to be as good as last night :cool: but we just can't afford to drop points tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bennion is a decent signing for Shels.

Simply going by the amount rain that's fallen (and is still falling) in UCD for the past few hours, there may be an off chance that the UCD - Derry game is postponed.

Any update on the ucd situation. Hoping its not off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Simply going by the amount rain that's fallen (and is still falling) in UCD for the past few hours, there may be an off chance that the UCD - Derry game is postponed.
    Any update on the ucd situation. Hoping its not off.

I contacted the UCD club just after 16:00 because of the rain. There was no news as to a cancellation. Since then the rain in Dublin has eased considerably.

Corholio wrote: »
    Bennion is a decent signing for Shels.

Decent keeper when he played for us, only exception was the "hes behind you " moment vs Derry.

Well it's still tipping it down in UCD but the games going ahead supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

UCD 0-1 Derry

Shelbourne 0-0 Dundalk

Waterford 0-1 Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

UCD 0 - 1 Derry City

Never as happy to get a 1-nil victory against bottom of the table team.

And yet another red card to add to our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Full times.

UCD 0-1 Derry
    McLaughlin 32
    Madden ( Derry ) sent off 84.

Shelbourne 4-0 Dundalk
    Gorman 30,52
    Dawson 64
    McLaughlin 71

Waterford 2-1 Limerick
    Tracy 22
    White 55
    Mernagh 65

Christ, yet another game where we did everything but score. And yet another game our players were basically kicked off the pitch resulting in another injury.
    Derry keeper had an absolute stormer.

Bennion straight in?

What happened the other lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Felt a bit sorry for Dundalk tonight. It would have been nice if the fans got at least a goal to celebrate considering it may have been their last match.

Bennion straight in?

What happened the other lad?

Delany was dropped from the squad altogether. Looks like he is being frozen out and Skinner retains his role as number 2 keeper.

Looking forward to the Bohemians match on Sunday evening.

We are a different side to the one that were 2nd best at Dalymount.

Hoping for a treble from Cork sides this weekend.

• Advertisement

Christ, yet another game where we did everything but score. And yet another game our players were basically kicked off the pitch resulting in another injury.
    Derry keeper had an absolute stormer.

For once I may disagree with ya. UCD had no clearcut chanches tbh, its more the Derry defence were solid/ucd couldnt break them down.

Sending off was funny and deserved though. Hammer, wanna meet up for next home match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Thank you very much Waterford! Takes some of the pressure off us in EL CLASSICO MIDLANDIAS tomorrow!

Delany was dropped from the squad altogether. Looks like he is being frozen out and Skinner retains his role as number 2 keeper.

:rolleyes:

Delaney is injured.

801 at Tolka Park tonight.

eight hundred and one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Very poor result tonight for us...

I think Scully really needs to be looked at, he dropped Brosnan and McGrath two of our better performers in recent weeks and plays young McGann out of position.

We also had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside. and the general performance of the referee and his assistants was shocking tonight.

But the worst thing I heard tonight was board members of limerick blame the fans for tonight's defeat.

Board member: "Did you hear those morans, chanting at the lines man...cost us the game"

The linesman was getting chants directed at him "She said no".
    I've been at games where Linesman have gotten worse abuse from other fans.

Its gutless of the club to blame the fans, when the real problem is an incompetent manager.

• Advertisement

eight hundred and one

we dying on our arse.....

best fans in the world tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

eight hundred and one

we dying on our arse.....

best fans in the world tho.
    To be fair, it was absolutely pouring rain and Dundalk brought next to nothing.

CSF wrote: »

Not gonna get into the **** attendances we all have argument.

But when Kerr was announced as DOF we had 3000 fans vs waterford that night maybe 10 of them, things have gone to **** since and we are playing without doubt the best football i have seen since ummmm buckos last team in 98.

Our stadium improved slightly since then....

We are dying on our arse.

eight hundred and one

Have you actually got a point to make? :confused:

I'm sure people on here can look up the attendances if they want.

Or is it a case of "damn Shels won, need to jibe at them"? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CSF wrote: »

Eh 126 Dundalk fans apparently. Two busloads and people that made their own way. Compared to other years maybe that is "next to nothing" but still a lot more travelling fans than most teams bring to Oriel.

Crowds are down all around the country but I don't think you can blame the opposition's fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

I was expecting a Limerick win last night. Waterford are far off getting themselves into the First Division title race.

Anyone watching the Sligo-Bray match? Alright game so far, wouldnt mind it staying this way.

For once I may disagree with ya. UCD had no clearcut chanches tbh, its more the Derry defence were solid/ucd couldnt break them down.

Sending off was funny and deserved though. Hammer, wanna meet up for next home match?
    Sure why not :pac:

I think we did have a good few chances. Derry keeper made a few very good saves. Also, Benson (I think) fluffed an absolute sitter in the second half. And then of course we had the disallowed goal.
    Heading to Dalymount tomorrow week on the supporters bus if you're up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Shocked at Sligo, thought they'd have won at home to Bray but hats off to Bray. They are not a club to be written off. North missed a great chance. He really should have put that away and won the game. Opens the door for Pat's.

Sure why not :pac:

I think we did have a good few chances. Derry keeper made a few very good saves. Also, Benson (I think) fluffed an absolute sitter in the second half. And then of course we had the disallowed goal.
    Heading to Dalymount tomorrow week on the supporters bus if you're up for it.

I normally go a pub before ucd matches, will let you knowfor next one cos it always depends on work. Dont think will make it to away game, normally at bray matches. Will def be in touch for pre-pints at next home match.

If I head to the Bohs match I'll let ya know

• Advertisement
Advertisement