Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 17) July 6-8 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

0-0 in Flancare tonight, pretty decent result for Athlone, has to be said...Still ground lost on waterford though for third place but that was always going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

0-0. Not great but I'll take it, especially with Limerick taking their usual loss against Waterford. Extratime hit the nail on the head, we need a real striker. 8 goals all year from our strikers is ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great 1-1 away from home, could easily have won it, could have lost it...don't care, its a god point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Have you actually got a point to make? :confused:

I'm sure people on here can look up the attendances if they want.

Or is it a case of "damn Shels won, need to jibe at them"? :rolleyes:

Well for supposedly the greatest run club in the world and all, you would think that there would be a few more than 801. That is a pathetic attendance for one of the supposed bigger clubs in the league with a huge catchment area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

gimmick wrote: »
    Well for supposedly the greatest run club in the world and all, you would think that there would be a few more than 801. That is a pathetic attendance for one of the supposed bigger clubs in the league with a huge catchment area.

So bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't suppose anyone knows if there's any available commentary for Cork V Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well for supposedly the greatest run club in the world and all

Who said that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Wow. Just wow. Rovers just cannot close out a game. It didn't help that Stephen Kenny stood on the sideline like bloody Bagpuss even as Pats turned the screw. And that his tactical masterstroke was to sub off McCabe, one player consistently doing useful stuff with possession and drawing fouls, despite the fact that Twigg was absolutely knackered.

I can't fault the players, they all put a shift in, even Brennan looked less like a giraffe on the ball in the second half. And if you asked before KO, I'd have taken a draw. I'm just sick of us being unable to kill off games when we need to.

Also, was it me or is there a really bad vibe in the Rovers squad at the moment? There seemed to be a lot of backbiting between the players on the field, subs stalk back to the bench without even acknowledging Kenny, etc. Wife was convinced something had happened in the dressing room at half time, because they all came out looking well p1ssed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

That_Guy wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone knows if there's any available commentary for Cork V Bohs.

Only updates are on extratime.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

2709 at the X at this hour on a Sunday. Healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good lads Bohs. We stay 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Balls to that.

3 points would have been sweet. Should of had penalty ourselves too I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Should really be beating our reserves either way. 8 changes from our Euro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Was thinking "at least Bohs dropped points" but then they both dropped points so happy days. Good weekend for us for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

doncarlos wrote: »
    Eh 126 Dundalk fans apparently. Two busloads and people that made their own way. Compared to other years maybe that is "next to nothing" but still a lot more travelling fans than most teams bring to Oriel.

Crowds are down all around the country but I don't think you can blame the opposition's fans.

There's times at the Brandywell when the opposition fans could fit into a 7 seater;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Get in there, delighted :D

Nothing better than last minute equalisers. Here's hoping the lads who were rested do a good job on Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nothing better than last minute equalisers. Here's hoping the lads who were rested do a good job on Thursday evening.

Last minute winners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a load of **** that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Sickening conceding a last minute penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

City conceded territory and possession to that very limited Bohs side in the last 15 minutes. Do we not learn from our mistakes?

3 handball decisions in 2nd half alone. One would have been generous but other 2 were regulation pens.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

poor tonight ..got a draw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

All together now....."There's only one Stephen Kenny. Only one Stephen Kenny......"

KENNY MUST STAY! KENNY MUST STAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He took that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Good finish, muted celebrations though.

Serious question though, I thought highlights couldn't be shown until after MNS. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Disaster to concede late and throw away three points :(

Should have had the game wrapped up by half-time, and then Davin (who was poor) missed two great chances to seal the game. From there we were asking to be punished. Morrissey and Dunleavy came off with injuries and the whole confidence we had was shattered, felas began to panic and dropped deeper and deeper. We had a few shouts for handball, one I thought could have been given but really no real complains they weren't. Peno at the end was dead right, what was Murray playing at?! The Bohs player was heading away from goal and a fella that was on the pitch two minutes cost us the game with an inconcievable tackle given the circumstances.

We're 10 unbeaten but have picked up a lot of draws and definitely didn't have the same attacking presence as we did last week (Duh, we scored two less goals!). It was a point dropped but Bohs have seriously improved since we played them last and in the end it was one ridiculous decison by Murray that cost us the game. So for that reason I'm still optimistic heading upto Sligo, we'll definitely need to give a Shels a good rattle at home regardless of whether we can get a point in Sligo, caus we're stagnating in the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We had enough chances in that game to win 4 matches. Awful finishing. But the same old problems again of sitting back on a lead when we are not a good side defensively.

The penalty looked very harsh, and we should have had 2 ourselves. But as above, we wasted numerous opportunities so cannot "blame" the ref for the draw.

Shame that there was more incident after the game than during. Bohs fans tore pictures off the wall in the Horsehsoe and hopped the frames off the ground. I heard a few tried to hop the bar in the Beer Garden, and there was a running brawl in Ballyphehane Park up the road from the ground. I despair of both our own and other twits who get up to that shít.

We had enough chances in that game to win 4 matches. Awful finishing. But the same old problems again of sitting back on a lead when we are not a good side defensively.

The penalty looked very harsh, and we should have had 2 ourselves. But as above, we wasted numerous opportunities so cannot "blame" the ref for the draw.

Shame that there was more incident after the game than during. Bohs fans tore pictures off the wall in the Horsehsoe and hopped the frames off the ground. I heard a few tried to hop the bar in the Beer Garden, and there was a running brawl in Ballyphehane Park up the road from the ground. I despair of both our own and other twits who get up to that shít.

Afraid to say but my mates granddad in his 70's was struck by stone after the game.

Nothing serious, but not exactly type of thing you like to hear about.

From what my mate texts twas only handful of people. Just wrong place at wrong time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Serious question though, I thought highlights couldn't be shown until after MNS. :confused:

It appears they can unless it's Shamrock Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    It appears they can unless it's Shamrock Rovers.

We were not allowed show highlights either back when we actually had lads recording them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

I heard all about the plans for the brawl in the park post-game after overhearing during the 1st half a bunch of teens & tweens in the st. Anne's planning for such an event and been all rather excited about it. Bless 'em, their parents must be proud.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Last minute winners?

Eh? I was referring to the Bohs game. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Good finish, muted celebrations though.

Nothing to do with the club I guess, if you went to a match with a camera and filmed stuff it would be up to the FAI to report it to youtube or whatever.

RTE showed the goal last night so fair game afaik.

That Pat Devlin's some fool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That Pat Devlin's some fool!

Whats he saying now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Mushy wrote: »
    Whats he saying now?

ah he was only joking. Last week he said he disagreed with the mid season break and the lads in the studio disagreed. Devlin joked about the lads in the studio knowing more than him and his 40 years of football experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He did the same to Tony O'Donoghue during the game in Sligo.

Mushy wrote: »
    Whats he saying now?

Started moaning about how he had a small squad, and then had a go off the MNS team. 'Sher what do I know I'm only 40 years in football?' he said as the programm cuts back to Rico who's been in football since the 60's. Absolute langer

No interview from Stephen Kenny!

Started moaning about how he had a small squad, and then had a go off the MNS team. 'Sher what do I know I'm only 40 years in football?' he said as the programm cuts back to Rico who's been in football since the 60's. Absolute langer

No interview from Stephen Kenny!

Rico wasn't in the studio last week though. He was obviously referring to the likes of Sadlier etc who were the ones making the point the other week.

After seeing Kenny's cringefest interview after the humiliation his team took from Bohs, i'm not surprised he didn't give an interview. I'm sure though, it was in protest against Sadlier's criticism on MNS the week before. Kenny made a fool of himself in the papers afterwards, no need to do it again i suppose. Probably the best decision he's made all season!

monkey9 wrote: »

After seeing Kenny's cringefest interview after the humiliation his team took from Bohs, i'm not surprised he didn't give an interview. I'm sure though, it was in protest against Sadlier's criticism on MNS the week before. Kenny made a fool of himself in the papers afterwards, no need to do it again i suppose. Probably the best decision he's made all season!

At least he can keep his squad sober for derbies. :)

In fairness, Sadlier overstepped the line slightly but Kenny should be giving interviews still. Or even send out Glass.

stovelid wrote: »
    At least he can keep his squad sober for derbies. :)

In fairness, Sadlier overstepped the line slightly but Kenny should be giving interviews still. Or even send out Glass.

It's grand though, we have plenty of full backs in reserve!! ;)

I don't think Sadlier overstepped any line, in fairness. He gave his opinion. He's entitled to it. What Pat's winning nothing when Sadlier was CEO has to do with Shams defending like the over 70's team in Fr Ted, i don't know!!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

I don't think Sadlier overstepped any line, in fairness. He gave his opinion. He's entitled to it. What Pat's winning nothing when Sadlier was CEO has to do with Shams defending like the over 70's team in Fr Ted, i don't know!!

Ironic that Sadlier hired Kenna and gave him more than enough time.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ironic that Sadlier hired Kenna and gave him more than enough time.

He's learned his lesson so. Man of experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I dont think Kenny or Sadlier embarrassed themselves actually. Sadlier criticised Kenny, which he's entitled to as a pundit, and Kenny responded with Sadlier's less than impressive role as Pat's CEO, in terms of winning things. I think Kenny is entitled to a rebuttal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Just read Kenny's comments now actually. I think he had a point on Tony O’Donoghue (surely he could have checked with Rovers before putting that rumour out) but slagging off Sadlier for expressing an opinion is a bit much. "Criticising and taking the angle" is exactly what pundits are there for, and having a title under your belt isn't a prerequisite for having a valid opinion.

I think advocating a manager's sacking is a tiny bit over the line. Not badly so but enough that Kenny is entitled to have a swipe back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement