Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Julianstown Road Works

Options
  • 04-07-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what exactly they are doing at Julianstown?

All I can see is they are stripping off about 4 inches of perfectly fine tarmac, and the relaying two 2 inches layers new tarmac. Just curious to know what exactly are they trying to achieve?

PS: There are some bad patches on R132 - couple of depressions / ditches near both Apple Green service stations are pretty bad. The recent roadwork done to widen Wheaton Hall to R132 approach is already falling apart as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This has been going on for three weeks. It did need work in spots and I guess doing it all made sense. The Stop Go is a nuisance and TBH I can't see why it is taking so long. A similar stretch of road near the Black Bull in Drogheda was done in less than two weeks a couple of years ago.

Passed through yesterday and it looks like they have nearly finished. As for the R132 as a regional road doesn't it fall under the purview of councils? In this case that would be two once you go beyond the Boyne Valley Hotel.

Advertisement