Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a dog, advice wanted

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Sigh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sigh

What's the sigh for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My advice - make up a check list and try and go in with a level head...Which is hard because you'll fall in love with the puppies lol but you need to take a step back and make sure everything adds up and nothing stands out against your list - eg hip/elbow score, eye certs, papers for the parents showing their linage and their parents scores/health checks etc - a reputable breeder will want the world to know their pups are healthy and will have these to hand. There's loads of info in the puppy farm awareness thread but don't be fooled or think you're saving a puppy from a bad situation etc - it'll just cause you stress and heartbreak down the line. Also don't think that because the puppy isn't from an actual 'farm' that the breeder isn't dodgy. Like anything else you'd buy - buyer beware. There'll be more puppies so walk away if something doesn't add up and take your time choosing the best puppy.

Also don't forget it's a requirement to post puppy pics! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Hellrazer wrote: »
    What's the sigh for??

The constant want for me to adopt a dog is all. apologies if that was out of turn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Oh been busy researching and even been to see some dogs and pups, just to make sure I know what i want. I have also been in touch with a couple of re-homing places.

Although I have my heart set on getting a puppy tbh. I have fallen in love with a couple of boxers, seeing pups is so hard, I want them all ha ha. although recession is biting hard, so I may have to hold off for a few months to ensure i get a good healthy pup from a reputable breeder.

Any boxer owners??

I have a nearly 2 year old Boxer who I bought as a puppy. He is a raving lunatic, brilliant fun, amazingly intelligent and always has me laughing. The thing about boxers is they keep you on your toes, they will constantly test boundaries and most of all your paitence. They are the most sweet, loveable dogs who want to be around you all the time, preferably touching you. What ever breed you decide to get best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement