Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derek Burnett going to the London Games!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And the Journal has done a piece on Derek today:

London 2012: Introducing… Derek Burnett

Well worth the read, and a comment or two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

Best of luck to Derek.

Hope either BBC or RTE cover the Trap event and maybe we will get to see some shooting.

Its probably our best chance to see shooting on TV, as somehow it becomes acceptable at Olympics time but at other times it is not worthy of any publicity.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Ildere wrote: »
    Best of luck to Derek.

Hope either BBC or RTE cover the Trap event and maybe we will get to see some shooting.

Its probably our best chance to see shooting on TV, as somehow it becomes acceptable at Olympics time but at other times it is not worthy of any publicity.

As I understand it, the BBC are covering every event live: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18071080

I'll be watching as many of the shooting events that I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

Thanks for that. It looks like the red button will be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Wish him straight shooting, it's people like him who can provide some positive publicity for lawful gun ownership in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

He was interviewed on the RTE 6one news this evening which was nice to see on the main evening news. Being Honest I've never heard of the chap before but nice to see some positive news for shooting in the media rather than negative. Looking forward to seeing if we can see on the telly any of the shooting events.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

watching the london 2012 opening and caught a glimpse of dereck bernett. .has me thinking, have we any other shooters this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

He is the only shooter. His qualifying round is 5th August. 9am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone have the time and day that he'll be kicking off? Didnt see it on the webpage.

Great to see someone from Ireland competing in the shooting.

Not sure of his personal start time, but the clay pigeon kicks off at 0900 on Sunday the 5th...

...and keep an eye out for Natalya Coyle as well, shooting's only one-fifth of her sport, but hey, they can't all be perfect :)

• Advertisement

BTW, for those who've not seen the stats yet, shooting is the 4th largest sport in this year's games, with 390 shooters from 108 countries competing, and shooters carried 5% of the flags in the opening ceremonies...

Advertisement