Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Dreams

• 20-06-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've had three already..! I'm repeating the Leaving Cert. this year and never experienced school exam relate dreams before, despite how much it seems to be a occurrence in tv and films, like it happens to everyone.. does it?!

My first was on English paper two, hectic and rushed, I woke up quoting Sylvia Plath still on my lips..two days after the horrific exam. The worse part was realising, after a few glorious, ignorant seconds, that I had already sat the exam, it felt so real that I was writing a A standard Poetry Question!

Next was a general searching through corridors and coming across random characters in my way while trying to get to a exam while cramming en-route ..and the exam was at night in a convent?!

Last night had another dream, this time referring to Agriculture Science tomorrow.. can't remember what I was studying though..! Could have been sub continuos tips.. lost forever!

Anyone else experiencing dreams about this leaving cert? Any random ones? Anyone remember what they were studying in their dream for AgSc tomorrow?! Do share!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

I think I can empathise with you on this one.

I keep on having a dream that there's a HL Maths Paper 3 on the following afternoon. Something to do with there not being enough trigonometry on paper 2. Its very lucid.

I wake up shivering in a cold sweat. Scary stuff alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I had a dream that I got my results, but only half of them, and I got a D in German and maths, and 98% in English. :L The English was nice but I was devastated with the others :L

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I keep on having terrible dreams that I will be repeating next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

finality wrote: »
    I had a dream that I got my results, but only half of them, and I got a D in German and maths, and 98% in English. :L The English was nice but I was devastated with the others :L
    Had a dream last night that i never noticed my music melody was in minor key and it was too late to change it. Sounds insignificant but wow, scared me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Proud to say never had an LC related dream.
    Only thing I dreamt of was a teacher chasing me with a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

ya, dreamt that i was outside the exam hall before french talking to someone. all of a sudden i looked up to see that the exam had started and everyone was inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cianserian

LC dreams are always funny when you imagine them happening in real life. I had one before it all started that there were no tables in the exam hall and we had to write with the pages on our laps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Each night before the maths exams I woke up doing Maths in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I know what you mean by waking up quoting things!! I woke up this morning unconsciously mumbling a chemistry equation (I had my Chem exam yesterday). I forget what I dreamt about but I must have been studying chemistry!!

Before the LC I had a dream I remember vividly. I was in my geography exam and we were given our project booklets to fill out! I couldn't remember what my project was about and my teacher was sneaking me handouts so I could fill it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I had a dream I forgot to go in for Irish Paper 2. Was horrifying :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I had a dream that everyone was doing Englihs paper 1 and I was playing tag with my friends. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Had a two nice dreams about French after the orals, and a bad one about Irish, I think. Can't really remember. None about the exams so far.

Last year I realised thirty days before the results that the results were, well, thirty days away, so for most of the last month before the results I woke up every morning with the results on my mind. 'Twas annoying! :P

About three weeks after the actual exams I had a dream that they all went horrendously, can't remember much detail.

Hopefully I won't have too many this year, some of them are just ridiculous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

I had a dream last night that I forgot there were two papers for maths,english and irish and that I only went to the paper 1's and stayed at home for the paper 2's took me a while after I woke up to realise it was a dream too! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've had no dreams! :rolleyes: And now, i'll have no dreams for the future.. :pac: lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I dreamt i was late for English paper 1 and missed the bus, but no-one from my family cared enough to bring me in. So i started running, and as you do, i started flying. I couldn't stop and kept going past the centre and ended up drowning in the lake. I woke up in a ball of sweat and had to change my bedsheets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Is anyone else having crazy weird post-LC dreams? The other night I dreamt that I got 67 points and I didn't get enough for baking in DIT. My mother was so ashamed of me :P
    Another one I had was I was sitting the Ag Science paper again, but they changed the layout without telling us. We also had to match up names and faces of the writers in the Farmers Journal.
    Some of my dreams have been really freaking me out though, I just want to forget about the exams but of course I now have to deal with them in my sleep :rolleyes:

Share your dreams here, especially if they're funny! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Weird, I had my first dream about this year's Leaving Cert last night! Dreamt I got less points than last year. :( Not exactly funny 'cause it's a possibility, but I'm sure I'll have some daft ones in the next few weeks! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Yes. Four specificly freaky ones. My major one was me getting 33 points in every subject except french, in which i got 66. I believe the rest of that dream was me crying because i had no college to go to. I woke up feeling miserable too :o :pac: At least I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Had one last night that I hadn't sat the music exam yet, and only had 4 days left to study for it.
    Was quite funny, cos' for the real exam I only started studying night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Dreamt that I got mixed up with the timetable and missed an exam as a consequence.
    The best thing about these LC dreams is the UNREAL sense of relief when you wake up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I had my first one a couple of nights ago. . .
    I'll set the scene. It was a nice sunny day in August and I was walking into school to get my results. The teacher made no comment as she gave me my envelope, even though she said something nice to other girls receiving theirs. So I had a bad feeling already. Anyways I open it up, and I scan the grades quickly, but then I realise there are no grades there. There are comments instead.
    e.g. "She didn't even know how to spell "x". :rolleyes:"
    "She didn't even know what "x" meant. Idiot." etc
    Anyways I woke up feeling bad until I realised it was only a dream which makes no sense anyways :pac: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mister Bates

I was dreaming that i was back at the beginning of the leaving cert, the night before english and i cudnt shake off the overwhelming feeling that i was going to fail everything. I hate dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

I haven't had any since the leaving but before we started I had a few. The worst was that I got 600 points but I failed Irish and couldn't go to college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mister Bates

Now that people have had time to reflect, is anyone else thinking back at how they did? I keep adding up the different amount of points i could have got on my calculator. I must have done this nearly a thousand times. Im going insane. Ive actually dreamt myself doing this to make matters worse. I just want the damn results already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah I count up my possible points every now and then. Even got an app for it :P

P.S. I enjoyed your username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Yeah I count up my possible points every now and then. Even got an app for it :P

P.S. I enjoyed your username.

Master Bates would have been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

I'm not alone :pac:

I've been having them on and off since the Leavin', and they're more nightmares than dreams! Usually I just keep repeating the exams although they're different every time, and sometimes I sit down and I'm handed weird papers such as Ancient Greek and Latin and I've no idea how to do them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'm glad I didn't have any post-LC dreams and I hope it stays that way but I'd doubt that after reading this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I had a dream last night that we got our results back in a message in a bottle, we all had to go to the beach to get them, except the beach that my year went to was really tropical? :L I dunno it was weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The other night I had a dream that I had to sit the physics paper again, I was SO annoyed because I knew I wouldn't do as well as the first time round :L

Advertisement