Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todaysdeals.ie

Options
  • 04-07-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I bought a deal (A Massage) from a deals website namely 'todaysdeals.ie'. I paid for the deal successfully via their website with my laser card. The problem arose when I attempted to use the voucher/book the massage directly with the massage company. They told me they were 'too busy and fully booked for a number of weeks' and could not honour the voucher within or outside the 3 month usage period from the date of purchase. They proceeded to tell me to return to the deals website to whom I am subscribed to & paid the monies to & obtain a refund directly from them.

I have tried in vain to amicably resolve this matter directly with todaysdeals.ie. The problem is they have NO phone number/call centre and they have ignored my requests to provide a phone number so I can speak directly to their manager or a company representative regarding this issue. I have sent them 11 emails over the past 2 months, of which they consistently ignored/failed to respond to 6 of these. Indeed it took them exactly 5 weeks to respond to one of my complaints & my subsequent follow up emails. They state they are not responsible or liable for refunds for any issue to any customer as per their terms & conditions and only refund monies solely during the 10 day cooling off period. Please note, other deals websites e.g. Groupon have refunded all customers when a deals provider has gone out of business or will not honour a voucher without any questions asked.

I contacted the Consumer Ombudsman of Ireland and lodged a complaint with them. They state I am entitled to a full refund under the distance selling agreement and that my contract is solely with the deals website Todaysdeals.ie and NOT the massage company. I am a subscriber & member of todaysdeals.ie and paid them the monies and NOT the massage company who are a 3rd party. Furthermore, the Consumer Ombudsman of Ireland state - As the deal I purchased was not honoured, Todaysdeals.ie breached their contract with me & as a result I am not bound by the terms and conditions they hide behind. I paid todaysdeals.ie money in good faith for a service offered. This service was never provided. All I want is my money returned and to highlight the fact todaysdeals.ie operate in this very questionable manner. This is not about the sum of money involved, as it is purely about the principle. I want to warn other people what Todaysdeals.ie do, as this could happen to anyone at anytime. I am sure this issue has occured on many occasions and people have just dropped the matter based on the small sum of monies involved, but we cannot continue to allow service providers operate in this manner or they will continue to operate using these illegal practices. I can provide all my correspondence as proof to date with Todaysdeals.ie and provide proof from Consumer Ombudsman of Ireland to verify the above.

My only avenue open now according to the consumer Ombudsman of Ireland is to make a claim in the small claims court. To add insult injury the cost of this service is €25 which is non refundable and I cannot be awarded costs to recover this fee - this would mean I have already paid for a service I did not receive (€24 for the record) and a further €25 in an attempt to receive justice. This I am willing to do, however, the legal route could be a long drawn out process. I also contacted my local citizens advice centre - I need to make a FLAC appointment which I have done, but this is not scheduled until July 16th which is the next available date to meet with a solicitor.

Anyone with any advice or have had issues with these guys?They seem like a very small operation and cowboys...appreciate feedback.Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Research living social/Grupon / etc websites reviews on Boards.ie

Just to give you an idea for more those websites

http://www.mydealpage.ie/

Your website belongs to:

http://whois.domaintools.com/todaysdeals.ie

Check those names on http://www.solocheck.ie/

and contact them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The companies registration office says they were formed in June last year.

Type Company
    Number 500636
    Name TODAYS DEALS LIMITED
    Address DMG BUSINESS CENTRE
    <SNIP>
    DUBLIN 8
    Registered 30/06/2011
    Status Normal

Effective date: 30/06/2011
    Last AR Date Not Available
    Next AR Date 30/12/2011
    Last Accounts to Date Not Available

Perhaps go down and see if anyone is there?

From a personal point of view, and I do not mean to be critical of you, but from looking at their website, I would NEVER buy anything from them.

Their website has no company details. No address, no VAT number, no phone number, nothing.

You are literally sending money to someone online without knowing who they are!

Virtual office more likely

http://www.dmgbc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irishdub32

Thanks for the comments and replies. The companies registered office will be open at 2:30pm so they will be able to tell me their registered company name and address at least. Appreciate the input to date. Yes their website is very basic and in hindsight I would never have used them...hindsight is a lovely thing ;) I am going to pursue this to the end as it is the sheer principle at this stage.I have emailed a few radio shows and newspapers to see if they can highlight and champion my issue.Unfortunately Eddie hobbs consumer show is finished until Jan 2013 - as he would have been like Jim'll fix it!

• Advertisement

Joe would be your best bet I'd say.

Thanks Superscouse - you were spot on with their registered address and company name. I have emailed Joe Duffy show this morning along with a few other chat shows. I'll give them a few days to process and then follow up with a call to them.

Anyone had similar issues with this deals website or others and how did it pan out?

Hi OP

click the link http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/
    click the video
    You can contact them now

Jarren - I suspect your last reply was for a different thread!

Not at all

• Advertisement

Jarren thank you very much :)
    So it appears these 2 people who own fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie are the same 2 guys who own the todaysdeals.ie domain

- Guaranteed to respond to all emails
    - Customers are most important people in our business
    - Fantastic value for money

No direct link to todaysdeals.ie to these 2...but it appears to be them (net closing) :)

Register on Solocheck.ie

You can link those 2 guys to todaysdeals.ie without any problem.

OK address seems to be Todays Deals <SNIP>, Dublin 16 on solocheck.ie as <SNIP> Dublin 8 is listed as the address for several of the (their) other businesses. I have to pay to see any further info.

Yes so they are both listed as directors of todaysdeals.ie.

Anyone find a phone number or direct email addresses for these 2 individuals PM me if thats possible...I'm a newbie so not entirely sure how this works.

Email http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/ContactUs
    Phone 01 6708815

Ask for Brian/Brendan

Thanks I called the number - It rang out and went to voicemail, so I left my contact details.Hopefully they call me back, quicker than their email response (5 weeks). I'll try them again later.

I emailed them using their webpage mentioning I was reading this thread.

Lets see does that wake them from their slumber ;)

Thanks Superscouse - I'd be interested to see what feedback they give you (if any) by email.

Will let you all know if they come back to me by phone and what the outcome is.Watch this space!

I am not actually expecting them to come back to me. I was expecting them to come back to YOU :D

Still no phone call reply from my voice mail...no surprise there.My story was featured on the news last night along with deals websites...so wheels are in motion into sorting these deal websites out once & for all

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cadenza

Hi IrishDub, did you get anywhere with Todaysdeals?

I've recently had a problem with them too. Just collating my facts but will be back with details. Have had emails from <SNIP and he's an <SNIP>....at any price I want to <SNIP>.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Adrienne B

i've never purchased a deal from todaysdeal.ie but have had similar problems with LivingSocial. You might want to add them to your list of deal sites to avoid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Adrienne B You already have your own thread, please refrain from commenting off-topic on other threads

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adrienne B

????????????? you've lost me, am I not allowed to comment on any other post besides the one I made myself??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 millsy

Irishdub32 wrote: »
    Still no phone call reply from my voice mail...no surprise there.My story was featured on the news last night along with deals websites...so wheels are in motion into sorting these deal websites out once & for all

Hi IrishDub12, any update on this? I recently purchased a deal from TodaysDeals and I am not satisfied with it. Part of the order is missing. I left them a message (like you said they don't provide a number) and have not heard anything from them.

Cadenza wrote: »
    Hi IrishDub, did you get anywhere with Todaysdeals?

I've recently had a problem with them too. Just collating my facts but will be back with details. Have had emails from <SNIP and he's an <SNIP>....at any price I want to <SNIP>.

I have no idea what that post was originally, but with the placement of those snips, it sounds rather naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 louisa87

I bought stuff of this website over a month now and still havent received them yet!! Its a joke im sick of emailing them. I just want a refund now but no hope in contacting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

louisa87 wrote: »
    I bought stuff of this website over a month now and still havent received them yet!! Its a joke im sick of emailing them. I just want a refund now but no hope in contacting them.

If you paid by credit card, contact your bank about initiating proceedings for a chargeback.

LyndaMcL wrote: »

If you paid by credit card, contact your bank about initiating proceedings for a chargeback.

I think I paid with paypal can I just contact them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

louisa87 wrote: »
    I think I paid with paypal can I just contact them?

You can lodge a dispute with PayPal. :)

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »

You can lodge a dispute with PayPal. :)

I did pay with card I will have to contact the banks when they open. I left a massage on facebook and they never replyed and earsed my post.

Advertisement