Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suncream

• 04-07-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for a good suncream? My sister is heading off to "magaloof" next week and I want to send her off with something decent

She's fair skined with a good few freckles and I want to make sure she wears something decent ... she's 18 so I won't be trusting her to do it as regularly as she probably needs to!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

For the face I can highly recommend La Roche Posay Fluide Extreme 50+ - it's nice and liquid so not gloopy like normal stuff, and you can get it tinted so you don't go around looking like a greasy ghost the whole time! I wear it sailing all the time, and it's magic stuff.

For the body, I reckon they're all much of a muchness - it's just a matter of having two or three different factors so that you can reduce the factor as you get used to the sun (I know you should be in F30 the whole time, but who does that??!!). I usually go for whatever one is on offer at the time of buying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I am fair skinned and use this every year its a great product, and you use very little of it every time you apply it, its expensive but read it over and remember you use very little in compariosn to sun cream
    http://www.ultrasun.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

P20, you only put it on once a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

For face, I love Vichy spf50 extreme matte fluid, perfect under makeup. There's also a great stick spf 50 from avene that's great for top-up's throughout the day over makeup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

boots soltan range..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Thanks ladies ... might try the La Roche Posay :) Think there was a blog post on Viva Adonis recently

There's just so blooming many of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I second boots soltan range,I prefer the creams to sprays..

Last all day, just back from holidays and didn't get burned at all with them :)

Also when I bought them (about a month ago) they were half price in boots (€12 ish each). They also have 5* uva protection,I asked the chemist and they said the soltan is definitely among the best :)

Edit : I asked the actual pharmacist, not one of the till girls so they weren't just trying to steer me towards boots own brand products

Advertisement