Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canine Country Club Pool Fun day!!

• 04-07-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email from Husse about this - Anyone going? I might lol :D:D

Swim with Your Dog!
    Saturday 7th July from 10:30am
    at The Canine Hydrotherapy Centre,
    Killeenmore, Sallins, Co Kildare

Just for Splashes
    Fun Day
    Swimming with your dog is a wonderful bonding exercise.

So why not do it in a perfectly safe environment, such as in Ireland's biggest canine hydrotherapy and recovery pool near Sallins in County Kildare?
    Mick Murphy, the owner, and his staff invite you to join them free and get wet with your dog.
    WET SUITS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOU TO WEAR.
    Mick is a seven year Husse pet food user and feeds the dogs in his large Country Club Kennels on Husse kennel food.

Fun and Prizes
    Can your dog retrieve in water? Let it enjoy the attempt and see if it can win a prize for the most water retrieves in 2 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

tk123 wrote: »
    Fun and Prizes
    Can your dog retrieve in water? Let it enjoy the attempt and see if it can win a prize for the most water retrieves in 2 minutes.

ok I KNOW we could win that:D It would be great if we could get along well enough with other dogs to go and not clear the place in a second:pac:

this is a great venue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm SO excited lol!! Bailey does hydro every week at Sharpwells so is a really strong swimmer and loves the water. Everyone always comments that he walks the same on land and in the water - he's so relaxed and confident compared to the other dogs. I've gotten in the sea a couple of times with him and he went mad he was so happy lol so I think he'd love this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

TK have you been here before? Place is fab, the pool is huge, you will have a ball. Its like a normal swimming pool, but not as big but you have loads of room to swim around yourself even. I used to race up and down with Cooper in it swimming.:D

No we've never been before so can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

This sounds like so much fun! I have never been before but we are trying to get Frodo to be more enthused about water! Does anyone know if the dogs have to be a certain age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

that is a brilliant idea . . . I'm coming with my 2 cocker spaniels . . . is there a link for details ?

great thanks andreac

how much does it cost per dog ?

Its free!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

Seriously, can anyone go. I have a GSD that loves water, well, getting slashed with it and running in it, but haven't had him swimming yet.

• Advertisement

I wonder how it'll work - there seems to be loads of people going? 15 min sessions?

Maybe I should open a dog pool with my redundancy! Boards discount lol! ;)

I wonder how it'll work - there seems to be loads of people going? 15 min sessions?

Now thats an idea!! it is great fun and brilliant exercise, I swear ours are out for the count for 2 days after CCC:D

People please take videos and loads of pics, should be a great day:)

I was thinking excalty the same, there must be a market in the north dublin / meath area . . . not only people would do it every now and then for fun but also for rehabilitation , older dogs etc . . . . thats what I would call my dream job hahaha

falabo wrote: »
    I was thinking excalty the same, there must be a market in the north dublin / meath area . . . not only people would do it every now and then for fun but also for rehabilitation , older dogs etc . . . . thats what I would call my dream job hahaha

I think our guy has meath and north dub and surrounding areas covered tbh - he has people coming from all over!

BTW for anyone who's going clip your dog's nails so you don't get scratched!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Aw, typical! We woulda loved this but my poor girlie has just last week slipped a disc :eek: It's a mild case, being treated conservatively, and I am hoping hard as I can that she makes a full recovery. She's gonna be out of action for ages at best, tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Wow, this sounds like SO much fun! Only one of my two is a water baby, but doesn't like getting out of her depth. It's gonna be a day where the Labs and Retrievers RULE! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hope you all have a great time!! I'd love to go but will be working (although I'm totally happy about this :D). Please get loads of pics and videos and try to persuade them to do it again!!!!

We had a great day!! Bailey was in his element in the pool and my friends dog (also a retriever but never been in the water) even had a swim when she found out there was toys involved lol. There was plenty of treats and feebies and even cupcakes - human and doggy ones! We took part in the shows and we came away we 2nd place in the most waggy tail competition! :) Our first rosette lol :)

212122.jpg

Oh thats sounds like a great day out! Bailey certainly looks pleased with himself anyway:)

Advertisement