Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live offers, and Paypal?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello,
    I was on Xbox there a couple of days ago and noticed an offer to get 2 months of XBL for €2, and I thought it was a bargain. But seeing as my parents don't own a credit card, we can't pay for it. We have a prepay card but it says it is not accepted. But then I thought of using a Paypal account. I don't have one myself but I could make one, but to purchase the offer I think it needs to be linked to a bank account (If anyone could confirm this please) so it can take the money once the subscription is over. I'm only 17 with no bank account of my own so I could get my parents to use theirs. So if they can use their Paypal I will do so, but another issue I have is the whole "subscription" part of this. Could I simply add a Paypal account to the payment options, subscribe, get the 2 months and then unsubscribe by removing the payment option? Will removing the Payment option cancel the subscription, or will I have to cancel it another way? I just don't want to subscribe and find out that my parents have to pay more money after the 2 months, as I've always had a problem with online payments.
    Cheers, Ryan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Small bit of a wall of text there, but I think I get what you mean!

So firstly, from what I remember you cannot fund a PayPal from an Irish bank account, what I would recommend as an alternative would be an O2 Money card.
    Secondly you will need to turn off auto rewewal from the website in order to stop the payments after the initial one, once the subscription runs out you will be able to remove the PayPal from the account then.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Meesared wrote: »
    So firstly, from what I remember you cannot fund a PayPal from an Irish bank account, what I would recommend as an alternative would be an O2 Money card.
    Secondly you will need to turn off auto rewewal from the website in order to stop the payments after the initial one, once the subscription runs out you will be able to remove the PayPal from the account then.

I've been using my aib bank account to fund my paypal for the last year and a bit. But I agree that an O2 money card is the best way to go for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

News to me! Shows how often I use PayPal (I have a Visa Debit, so I wouldn't need it even if it was there)

Advertisement