Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seabreeze Festival 2012 - No Fireworks?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey I noticed something odd about the printed schedules that are around for the Arklow Seabreeze Festival this year. There's all the usual stuff on there (pig derby, amusements, burger eating, bands etc.) but I noticed that there was no mention of the fireworks display for the Sunday night.

As far as I can remember that was always printed as the last thing on the schedule but now it just ends with street reopening at 23:00.

Does anyone know if there are fireworks or whats the story? It would suck if there wasn't, it's like a tradition at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Have no idea whats happening with the fireworks, the whole festival looks pretty bad this year
    A zumba class and musical chairs on the sat night??????:eek::eek:

I think they spent all the money on jedward when they played in may (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

They'd of made the money back on Jedward though, it's not like it was free.

And yeah, the rest of it in general seems to be pretty ****

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I dont think they made much on Jedward at all. From what i heard a lot of people rang family and friends that day to get them to bump up the crowd, they didnt sell as many tickets as they needed to. I wasnt there but from looking at photos at one point there were more people on stage than in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

I see. Well that's unfortunate then because even though we all complain about the fireworks not being that great, we all enjoy them and go see them anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I think there was about 2500 people at Jedward, out of the 5-7k they were expecting... I brought the kids, it was enjoyable enough...

Shame about the fireworks though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stpauliman

Heard from one of the 'committee' that Guinness/Diageo didn't give them their normal sponsorship money and they also hoped profits from Jedward would assist the festival, but there were none. Pity about the fireworks though. Nice way to finish off the weekend, hope the rain holds off.

Advertisement