Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2020/2021

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Duzzie

BigMoose wrote: »
    I was given a "stop the count" t-shirt from the saints store for Christmas from one of the kids... But last night was just awful. Now we have Bednarek suspended for how many? How long until Vestergaard and KWP are back? Ings really off the boil. I could go on! We need a good win on Saturday to put this behind us (again) but not remotely confident!

Hopefully Bednareks card will be overturned. Was a blatent dive by Martial, even he said it wasn't a foul. I get diving in close games but doing it when 6 goals up is ridiculous to me. Hopefully the powers that be will see sense and overturn the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Isn't that effectively admitting that neither the on field official nor VAR could get it right? Wasn't that the point of VAR? Delighted we have at least one first team defender for sat though!

Isn't that effectively admitting that neither the on field official nor VAR could get it right? Wasn't that the point of VAR? Delighted we have at least one first team defender for sat though!

Absolutely, strengthens the clubs request that Dean doesn't officiate upcoming games. Doesn't it also effectively say that Martial dived? Shouldn't he be reprimanded for simulation??

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Time for a reboot.5 goals in 11 games ,1 point in 24.Struggle on to the end of the season but worrying times for the club.

• Advertisement

Very worrying but I really dont know what should be done. I cant really consider sacking Ralph, but something isn't right. Last awful patch was saved by the lockdown and re-start, so no idea if Ralph would have turned things around in a normal season. Not sure you can completely blame the owner either as it's mostly the same set of players who were playing brilliantly earlier in the season, granted squad is far too thin and cant cope with the amount of injuries we've had so some blame definitely lies there. But this is truly shocking form. Relegation in any other year. We're lucky Sheffield and the baggies have been so bad. But Fulham are picking up results and are only 8 points off us, so the season is far from over...

Has Ralphs head been turned by talk of getting the Chelsea job?
    Doubt if big clubs will chance a manager with his current record and two
    9-0 defeats.Brighton are due a bit of luck and Fulham due injuries but
    saints should finish ahead of either or Newcastle.Is it a mass departure in
    summer.

Ings's head full of desire for champions league? That wont happen either given his current form... I agree Saints should finish above Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle but they need to start getting points from somewhere else really do risk finishing below 2 if not all 3 of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Ings's head full of desire for champions league? That wont happen either given his current form... I agree Saints should finish above Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle but they need to start getting points from somewhere else really do risk finishing below 2 if not all 3 of these.
    Ings just hasn't looked right the last 10 or so games. Don't know if it's the team's lack of confidence or he's looking to go. Wouldn't really blame him as we are a bit of a shambles behind the scenes it looks at the moment

Great comeback against Burnley but awful last night.It seemed like
    West Brom just attacked down WPs side at will.Season needs to be saved
    but not sure what the prospects for next season are.

• Advertisement

Yesterday was shocking. Just when there’s reason to hope they’ve got their act together we get another performance like that. Do they think the league job is done (which realistically it just about is) so were all thinking about next weekend? That one worries me too... can we defend against Leicester??

Cant work out what the issue is as they’ve proven to be capable of so much better. You have to fear for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Don't know if any of ye have listened to this.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6e6aL3C7zJQY6iwppDiOgE

Interesting but would have liked more discussion on the present state of the club.Group think was
    to keep RH but would like him to change!!! Wouldn't we all.Like the story about the rapport with the
    man City fans
    'Premier league champions..you will never be that'
    Saints fans reply
    'Johnson paints trophy..you will never have that'
    :)

Advertisement