Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Not to sure wouldn't have thought they would leave it too late to announce though. You planning on doing the the whole weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Football league fixtures announced first week of July last year so it could be 2 weeks.
    Tadic to sign for 10m...great record of creating chances from Sky stats.

Hearing the pelle deal is pretty much done as well. Wonder how Osvaldo got on today back with the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've been wondering when we'll hear of Osvaldo... Yes, will go for the weekend. I have family in Winchester so would never get away with in and out just for the game! :) In Sept I've got the choice of Newcastle on the 13th or QPR on the 27th. Little chance of the latter being moved for Sky and should't be too hard to get tickets.

Apparently he is sunning himself in Miami.

• Advertisement

This is flying around tonight as the new kit. Not too keen tbh. Hope its a fake.

10462012_10152481807595772_6218530326919876267_n.jpg?oh=caa7548e2542838dac31e515f0a6b237&oe=542DFC7D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

blaze1 wrote: »
    This is flying around tonight as the new kit. Not too keen tbh. Hope its a fake.

Thankfully looks fake. This seems to be the new kit

10462012_10152481807595772_6218530326919876267_n.jpg?oh=caa7548e2542838dac31e515f0a6b237&oe=542DFC7D

Awful pair of brogues:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I really hope the red and white stripes one is true!

• Advertisement

JRod has tweeted he loves the stripes and is pictured in them with JWP.
    Lovren doesnt and he is off to Liverpool (SSN) Fee being agreed.

Lovren,Lambert,Lallana ,Liverpool....Lovely :mad:

Strips are up on the clubs website launching on the 17th.

They said on the official site he's on extended leave after the WC. Pain in the hole all this talk. All of a sudden he wants CL football. Did he not leave Lyon who were in the CL. We've been so lucky to sign such loyal players.

The story doing the rounds is that the red and yellow shirt was Cortese's design and we were due to have it as our home strip next season but when he left it was changed by Krugger. Cortese deserved the sack for that monstrosity.
    As for the 3 l's leaving for Liverpool, there is no loyalty in football these days apart from the fans. I have no problem with Lambert leaving but the other 2 have been very disappointing with the way they pushed/ are pushing through a move. I hope they fail at Liverpool in a big way. I only want players who want to be at the club playing for the club.

He deserved to go if thats the case.

I agree about players only wanting to be at the club. Just wish agents would get the fcuk out of football. Would improve the game across the whole globe, not just for the likes of Clubs like saints will talented players and there greedy p0xy agents.

He deserved to go if thats the case.

I agree about players only wanting to be at the club. Just wish agents would get the fcuk out of football. Would improve the game across the whole globe, not just for the likes of Clubs like saints will talented players and there greedy p0xy agents.

Absolutely. Agree 100%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Duzzie wrote: »
    As for the 3 l's leaving for Liverpool, there is no loyalty in football these days apart from the fans. I have no problem with Lambert leaving but the other 2 have been very disappointing with the way they pushed/ are pushing through a move. I hope they fail at Liverpool in a big way. I only want players who want to be at the club playing for the club.

Liverpool supporter here. I do empathise with Southampton fans. Just had a great season. Now your watching as some of your best performers jump ship. Some of us are watching Suarez go and getting disapointed, its its a similar Situation.

With regard to Lallana, he has been with the Club a Long time. He has worked hard. I dont think you can begrudge him the move, he will play in the CL next season and Brendan Rodgers is a big fan of his. He has done really well. He wants the CL opportunity.

I do Wonder what is going on with the chairman or executive officers at Southampton. Why are the Players being allowed to leave? So far its Shaw, Lambert, Lallana. Maybe Lovren too. Has to stop.

Whats going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Augmerson wrote: »

Whats going on?

Fonte now being linked with Cardiff , at this rate Koeman might have to tog out himself - absolute shame what is happening to your football club . The reason Jay Rod isn't being sold is he is injured - seriously what kind of team will Koeman put out ? if something doesn't happen soon, expect him to be next to leave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

thebaz wrote: »
    Fonte now being linked with Cardiff , at this rate Koeman might have to tog out himself - absolute shame what is happening to your football club . The reason Jay Rod isn't being sold is he is injured - seriously what kind of team will Koeman put out ? if something doesn't happen soon, expect him to be next to leave

The Money made on sales needs to be reinvested quickly. And no more Players out.

Maybe one plus is Koeman gets to really shape the Team as he wants with the right signings and with his background in the Eredivise he might pick out some real gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

The Money made on sales needs to be reinvested quickly. And no more Players out.

6 months ago Sothampton were flying high, since then its been nothing but bad news , it smells like another leeds or portsmouth , think the new owner (K Liebherr) has little interest in football , and just want to make a few quid , before flogging of the club.

• Advertisement

Liverpool supporter here. I do empathise with Southampton fans. Just had a great season. Now your watching as some of your best performers jump ship. Some of us are watching Suarez go and getting disapointed, its its a similar Situation.

With regard to Lallana, he has been with the Club a Long time. He has worked hard. I dont think you can begrudge him the move, he will play in the CL next season and Brendan Rodgers is a big fan of his. He has done really well. He wants the CL opportunity.

I do Wonder what is going on with the chairman or executive officers at Southampton. Why are the Players being allowed to leave? So far its Shaw, Lambert, Lallana. Maybe Lovren too. Has to stop.

Whats going on?

It is not the fact that Lallana wanted a move away that has annoyed us, it is the way he went about it. He reportedly said at the end of the season that he would never put on the saints shirt, effectively going on strike. He leaked stories to the press saying that the board were ignoring his phone calls to discuss his future. He also gave an interview just 6 months ago saying that Southampton were the only club that he wanted to play for and the he wanted to play at the club till he retired. Not to mention that at his press conference when he signed for Liverpool, he never even acknowledged that Southampton had made him the player he is.

He was the club captain and we expected him to treat the club and fans with a bit more respect, as Lambert did on his move..lallana was very underhand in his pushing for his move and saints fans expected better from the captain of the club. That is why the fans are so upset with him and want him to fail at Liverpool. Now it looks like Lovren is using the same tactics to force a move.

I cannot remember a team being ravaged like this who weren't either relegated or in financial problems.

Just up on the saints fb forum

Dušan Tadić
    Feeling great in Southampton
    #Southampton #England

Feyenoord are pushing for over 8m for Pelle. Don't see the problem with that he scored 20+ for them last year. Can see it from there side though, finishing 2nd in the league and loosing a top GS to an ex coach.... When you look at it like that, Saints are the bad guy......... What a welcoming change!

Scneiderlin has told his team mates he wont be returning to club
    after WC.WTF is doing on.

Board need to start digging their heels in. No need or sensible reason to sell now. If they're refusing to play stop the wages and let them rot in the reserves tbh.

Slap a 30m tag on each of them and if its met they can go.

just checked, both contracts up in 2017

Board need to start digging their heels in. No need or sensible reason to sell now. If they're refusing to play stop the wages and let them rot in the reserves tbh.

Slap a 30m tag on each of them and if its met they can go.

just checked, both contracts up in 2017

It certainly worked with Puncheon, but then again his value was much lower so the risk of his value going down was less. There is a greater chance of Lovren's or Morgan's value dropping if they is left in the reserves and should we decide to sell them later, we could get a good bit less for them. If they dont want to play for the club, may be better to get the most we can for them now and tell them to feck off. I wouldn't mind seeing them rot in the reserves for a while but it doesnt make good business sense to do that

Might send a message that they won't be walked over. Kind of biting of your nose to spite your face and too little too late seeing as they are pretty much the last 2 of the squad that we should have been trying to keep hold of.

Tadic has signed SSN...Now for a few more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

It certainly worked with Puncheon, but then again his value was much lower so the risk of his value going down was less. There is a greater chance of Lovren's or Morgan's value dropping if they is left in the reserves and should we decide to sell them later, we could get a good bit less for them. If they dont want to play for the club, may be better to get the most we can for them now and tell them to feck off. I wouldn't mind seeing them rot in the reserves for a while but it doesnt make good business sense to do that

This is exactly it. A club will sell a player rather than losing considerable value. I would expect Soton to extract as big a fee as possible though

zztop wrote: »
    Tadic has signed SSN...Now for a few more:)

He looks promising, possibly as good as lallana at half the price. Have Liverpool put in a bid yet.

• Advertisement

He looks promising, possibly as good as lallana at half the price. Have Liverpool put in a bid yet.

4 year contract with Liverpool bid clause add on no doubt.

Top assits in the dutch league and 16 goals.

“We now look forward to bringing in more players because we want to continue and maybe even better what Southampton did last season.”

An inspiring quote from Koeman. Excited to see who else is on the radar. Whats happening with Pelle?

4 year contract with Liverpool bid clause add on no doubt.

Top assits in the dutch league and 16 goals.

“We now look forward to bringing in more players because we want to continue and maybe even better what Southampton did last season.”

An inspiring quote from Koeman. Excited to see who else is on the radar. Whats happening with Pelle?

Plus he wasnt at the word cup for Stevie to tap him up. Pelle looks like it is still going on. Hopefully with the first deal tied up, this one will happen soon.

Koemans press conference just over.Implied that Pelle deal
    is on and that Lovren or Scneiderlin deals are not certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

zztop wrote: »
    Koemans press conference just over.Implied that Pelle deal
    is on and that Lovren or Scneiderlin deals are not certain.

Think I like koeman. He's giving us a bit of confidence

Pelle has been confirmed. Signed a 3 year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    Keep em coming Ron. New CB next please or maybe a LB

That's 2 of the top 3 scorers from the Erdivisie last year signed up. Not too shabby so long as they turn out to be Van Persies rather than Van Wolfswinkles

Was hearing 8m euro during the week. If thats the case and he's as good as his records sound thats great business by Saints.

Would still like another proven striker tbh, just in case it takes J Rod a while to recover and find his feet again

• Advertisement

Liverpool away, Sunday 17th August, 1:30pm
    Aston Villa away, Monday 24th November, 8:00pm
    Manchester City home, Sunday 30th November, 1:30pm

Live on Sky.......had to be the Liverpool away .

Lovren off to Liverpool for 16m?
    Schneiderlin wants Spurs not Arsenal.
    Caulker said yes to QPR.

Chambers joining Arsenal for 12-16m.Medical completed
    Lovren to sign for liverpool today.
    Close the thread, Southampton FC have been sold.:mad:

Load of b0llocks at this stage. Les & Kruger must be having a lovely holiday.

You forgot about morgan as well. Still meant to be on his way to Arsenal as well.

• Advertisement

I am rapidly losing confidence for the coming season. Things cannot be right inside the club for so many senior plays to want to leave and to be allowed to leave. Only 3 odd weeks till the start of the season and we've only signed 2 new players with potentially 7 players to leave/already gone. Leaves very little time for the team to gel.

Worrying times at St Mary's

Saints must've really annoyed Liverpool last season

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-make-rodriguez-enquiry-man-city-lurk-140727104109

Are they looking to merge ffs. We took their port so there taking our club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Schneiderlin and Rodriguez apparently going to Spurs now too.

that's arguably the club's 5 best players, plus manager, gone in one transfer window.

incredible, and I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I've never seen a club as pilferaged as much as you guys have, what a ****ty summer it has been.

Would love to see Koeman re establish the team next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

SlickRic wrote: »
    Schneiderlin and Rodriguez apparently going to Spurs now too.

that's arguably the club's 5 best players, plus manager, gone in one transfer window.

incredible, and I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.

In England you mean? check out the Benfica transfers out list!

J. Oblak 16m
    N. Matić 25m
    L. Marković 25m
    E. Garay 6m
    Kardec 4m

and Gaitán is almost certainly going to be sold at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Benfica had something like 17 players on loan last season almost all south americans. They will be fine with a little spring cleaning, back up to 36 players now with 6 or so on loan.

Soton is basically the 1st team being sold with no actual replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Benfica and Porto are run by proper businessmen in the game to make money tho,even if they wanted to compete they would never be able to so they might aswell sell and make profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I forgot about Shaw.

that's your 6 best players plus manager.

insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

I've never seen a clear out like it.
    2 more southampton players rumoured to be going to spurs. whats going on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

pochettino plus

Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Chambers, Lovern (95m-ish just on this line, if fees touted about are to be believed)

and potentially now Schneiderlin and Rodriguez apparently going to Spurs

and yet the mad thing is I dont think what they have left plus a few additions would be that far off staying up. Yes sad considering they were fighting for Europe last season but for a team who only came up a season or 2 ago to even be able to take such a hit is remarkable

• Advertisement
Advertisement