Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Good point at least it would keep him match fit.

We on the box at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Unless streaming.Not on Sky/Setanta/BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I'm streaming it, you're not missing much! We've only had one attempt all half. Lucky to have only one sending off with this ref. I'm expecting him to even things up in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hello Saints fans. just wondering why Alderweireld isnt starting today? fantasy footy related question ! thanks

Wahoo! :-D

Hamstring injury.Gardos came on for Yoshida and VW
    with Bony off made the difference in second half.2nd:eek:

2nd half sounded much better will have a look at motd as couldn't stream.

Great to be 2nd in the prem after our crisis in the summer. Great to see our exports doing so well at their dream club as well.

And MoPo losing at home.Next for sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Duzzie

zztop wrote: »
    And MoPo losing at home.Next for sack.

They were boo'd off the pitch by sections of the crowd and some are already calling for Poch to be sacked. I still say he will be gone by Christmas. All in all a good weekend

Sacked by christmas and next Newcastle manager. Say Morgan is feckin delighted he stopped pushing for a move!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All that concern in the summer certainly looks misplaced now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I want my Pelle back :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

inforfun wrote: »
    I want my Pelle back :mad:

I was worried about him after hearing how players from the Dutch league can have problems in the PL but he has put in a good performance in every game. He seems to cause a fair amount to trouble in set pieces.

On a completely random note. I am now convinced that my Saints shirt has magical powers. The only game I wasn't wearing it was the west brom match. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Match thread for tonight if any of you are interested.

Random question but there might be a chance someone here might know.

Does anyone know where I would get last years away goalie jersey? By the time I went to get it on the main store they only have massive sizes left. I have checked the asian replicas and so far I can only find the main shirt. Are there any sites that are good for last seasons shirts?

Apparently the players decided to give up their day off after the Arsenal match to get more time to prepare for today. I am really liking the news coming out of the camp. It's nice to have some stability after the summer.

I have checked the asian replicas and so far I can only find the main shirt.

Where have you found SFC replicas? I travel to Malaysia regularly for work and the replica's from Chinatown are great quality (can't tell the difference with the real thing) but I've never found a Saints shirt there.

Great win yesterday, good to see them keep at it after going to 1-1 :D

BigMoose wrote: »
    Where have you found SFC replicas? I travel to Malaysia regularly for work and the replica's from Chinatown are great quality (can't tell the difference with the real thing) but I've never found a Saints shirt there.

Great win yesterday, good to see them keep at it after going to 1-1 :D

Not 100% sure if I am allowed post a link to it so I will send you a PM with the details

Great win yesterday, was pleased to see them carry on to grind out the win. Savage strike by Pelle as well. Got him & Long in Fifa this morning in a pack as well chuffed with that :-)

• Advertisement

Clyne in England squad and Fonte called up by portugal.
    Shaw & Chambers dropped to u21s by Hodgson.The
    problems of joining big clubs.
    A draw sunday please.

I have tickets and flights for the Leicester home game! Taking the kids over for their first ever live game!! First game I've been to in years too for that matter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sensational stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Who is this Tadic fella? According to livescore he got 4 assists and a goal!

brevity wrote: »

He is like Lallana.......but better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It'd be rather ironic if Southampton finished above Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Tadic up to six assists and a goal.He was described on TV
    today playing like Xavi.Only a couple of months to the
    January sales.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Sky Sports football fan summed up in one post.

He is like Lallana.......but better :D

He's like who?

Great result today. I've thought for a while now that we'd give someone a good spanking soon, but thought it would be QPR not Sunderland. They have been a bit of a boggey team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That result today was a big 'wtf do you know about it' to all us armchair experts who predicted their demise after their summer sales. They are flying high, better than ever this season without Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren and Chambers.

I really liked Southampton and I'm delighted to see them going so well. Their new signings have been pretty exceptional and their younger players just continue to come through. Great club.

• Advertisement

I'd don't have sky sports.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How so?

I would class people who have never heard of a highly rated player from a 'lesser' league than the EPL as a Sky Sports football fan. Tadic has been excellent in Holland for the last couple of years, yet that wouldnt register with most Sky Sports/EPL fans. That okay?

What does it say about the managment and scouting at clubs in EPL.
    Bargains are available with a bit of research and legwork.

Dont think Tadic and Pelle are the work of the scouts at Southampton but just Koeman knowing them very well. If Koeman had signed at any other club that had some money to spend, they would play there

And other PL teams are just too busy nicking 15 years olds from Dutch clubs so they can comply to the home grown rule in years to come.

I would class people who have never heard of a highly rated player from a 'lesser' league than the EPL as a Sky Sports football fan. Tadic has been excellent in Holland for the last couple of years, yet that wouldnt register with most Sky Sports/EPL fans. That okay?

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there? All I asked was who he was. Never said anything about lesser leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

In fairness, imports from the Eredivisie have a mixed record of coming to England and doing well after having good seasons there. For every Suarez or Tadic you get an Afonso Alves or Kezman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Firstly, I'm delighted that the Saints are flying. After Utd., they've been my favorite club for the past 20 odd years. During the Summer I always had faith that things would not be as bad as others said, they're was still plenty of quality in the squad and undoubtedly a few gems in the academy ready to make the step up. There was also a lot of cash to be spent and a solid manager appointed. The English tax really is crazy when you compare lallana's and tadic's price tag, honestly I was never even that disappointed when he left, got a fantastic price for him and Morgan was the key player to keep anyway. Pelle is flying, scored on his international debut too and tadic being compared to Xavi! Hon the Saints!!!!

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there? All I asked was who he was. Never said anything about lesser leagues.

Nope, just simply making a point of how many of the fans of the EPL dont look at any other football or have a very narrow field of vision when it comes to football outside it. Not picking on you, just your point that made me think it, i accept youre not a Sky Sports subscriber and didnt claim you said 'lesser'.

Anybody who plays FIFA 15 etc knows the 'talent ' available.
    Can we expect a 'Moneyball' type book in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

eagle eye wrote: »
    That result today was a big 'wtf do you know about it' to all us armchair experts who predicted their demise after their summer sales. They are flying high, better than ever this season without Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren and Chambers.

I really liked Southampton and I'm delighted to see them going so well. Their new signings have been pretty exceptional and their younger players just continue to come through. Great club.

I really enjoyed watching Koeman rally them on as well, majority of the time teams sit back on leads and coast through the game, the players smelled blood and went for it big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

razorblunt wrote: »
    I really enjoyed watching Koeman rally them on as well, majority of the time teams sit back on leads and coast through the game, the players smelled blood and went for it big time.

Spotted that myself and was very impressed. Hoping Pelle doesn't have 2nd season syndrome next year. Enjoy watching Southampton play.

razorblunt wrote: »

Koemans biggest problem in 3 years Feyenoord was that he hardly ever could sit back and enjoy the last 30 minutes of a match as Feyenoord always found a way to make life difficult for themselves.
    Guess he didnt have that problem last saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Let's hope they are still on a goal scoring buzz on Saturday! My first ever premier league game. Can't wait!

Davis is really annoying me this game. He has wasted so many chances.

Not the greatest finisher but for 800k has been a super bargain.

What a goal from Wanyama!! Great 3 points, not seen the game in full yet but given our form I'm looking forward to play the big teams. 2 points off of 1st, 5 clear of 3rd (for a day) COYR

We watched it on a surprisingly good quality dodgy stream and I thought we rode our luck at times. Guess in the second half we had more of it. Was surprised after when the BBC dude on Final Score said it was a deserved win. Still, great win and 3 more points! :)

Is it wrong to want Utd to win tomorrow?! Doesn't sit right!!

Do you mean the bbc are starting to rate saints?!?!! About time !

Was thinking the same about Utd for tomorrow.

Chelsea have CL Weds & Liverpool next week. As much as I dislike the scousers but them beating chelsea and we have Leicster at home it gives me goosebumps the way this season is going!

Careful Blaze,you could get a yellow for that.

• Advertisement

A very fitting tribute at the official opening of the new Southampton training ground at Staplewood earlier today.

Advertisement