Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ilac centre photo booth

Options
  • 04-07-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hi all today I needed some passport photographs, so I went to the photo booth at the ilac centre.

Upon following their instructions to adjust the seat and close the curtain which I did, I then took a picture.

Before printing it out the picture meet the standard that I wanted, but after printing it out it wasn't alright at all.

1. there was bits that was blurry
    2. It had white stains on my cheek
    3. and the complexion was dark.

I tried calling the ilac management as to what they could do about it but I couldn't get through to them.

what are my options here,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm sorry you encountered those problems but realistically if you look at the sample 'good' and 'bad' photos on the passport application form, you wouldn't go near those booths because the rules are now very strict. I'd say the photo booths are really only good for student/bus tickets these days .

For passport photos you really need to go to a camera shop or some of the large pharmacies which offer the service.

To answer your original question, you will need to look at the machine in the ILAC centre to see if the operator's name is on it and take it up with them. I doubt if the shopping centre management is liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

There should be company details on the photo booth itself. Something like Operated by ACME company. Phone 01 2345678 for assistance.

Or something similar. Failing that, There should be a customer relations or "Management" area within the complex. Haven't bee there in years, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm sorry you encountered those problems but realistically if you look at the sample 'good' and 'bad' photos on the passport application form, you wouldn't go near those booths because the rules are now very strict. I'd say the photo booths are really only good for student/bus tickets these days .

For passport photos you really need to go to a camera shop or some of the large pharmacies which offer the service.

To answer your original question, you will need to look at the machine in the ILAC centre to see if the operator's name is on it and take it up with them. I doubt if the shopping centre management is liable.

its a lesson learnt, I just blew 7e on those useless photos.

On the photo itself it says operated by face-box.co.uk, there's no photo number given at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

its a lesson learnt, I just blew 7e on those useless photos.

On the photo itself it says operated by face-box.com, there's no photo number given at all.

Call into ILAC Cust Care or Management. Phones or emails can be ignored.

RangeR wrote: »
    Call into ILAC Cust Care or Management. Phones or emails can be ignored.

I just emailed them. I just did a quick search of their company and its based in Uk.

It seems they've no offices in Ireland or so .

• Advertisement

I just received a mail from the ilac centre a Photoshop owns it, I will be going there tomorrow for a refund/replacement.

thanks for help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

coylemj wrote: »

Ugh, what ?
    I just followed the guide lines on the form, took a picture of myself and printed it out on photo paper with my Printer at home.

Sent it in and got my Passport 5 days later.
    Theres even a plastic window included on the form to make sure its within the correct dimensions.

Advertisement