Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help with getting a smart phone for internet and games mostly

Options
  • 04-07-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Alright, I have an old Samsung Galaxy Spica.
    It's this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_i5700

Here's my problem: I use wi-fi at home and it works wonders for my laptop or playing games on the xbox but downloading on anything other than the laptop is pretty slow. I have no idea if phones are just natually really slow or not with downloads. I usually get about 20-30Mbs on download nad 3Mbs upload on my laptop.

So basically if a new phone is gonna be slow, I don't want to waste money on it.

I can spend up to about 370 yoyos. All I do on it is either browse the internet or else play games (and not even 3D ones, more casually-puzzle type games and the games like farmville on your mobile etc).

I'd prefer android since it has the most apps. I'm not going with apple stuff since I hate iTunes. But I'm open to other OSs if they're particulary good or have many games (for free ideally).
    Has to be pre-pay.
    Ideally on o2 but I don't mind switching networks (so long as they have good 3G in Dublin City).

The one thing I'm interested in is this HDMI output thingy. Am I right in thinking I could just hook it up to a TV and use it to play videos on the phone? If I can, I'd like a phone with that and at least an 8GB of memory. I'm not playing any HD content if that matters, I'd just be copying over DVDs I have and not Blu-Rays.

Advertisement